X

Anyone installed a 150/60/17 rear tire on post 98

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone installed a 150/60/17 rear tire on post 98

I recently came across a Pirelli Diablo rear tire for cheap but its a 150/60/17 does it make a huge difference? Thanks

Weren't the diablos discontinued a while ago and replaced with the Angel? Might wanna check that date code...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by nkir6674 View Post
      I recently came across a Pirelli Diablo rear tire for cheap but its a 150/60/17 does it make a huge difference? Thanks
      it's the stock size tire. +1 on the date code.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

No it's not, stock is 150/70/ZR17, not 150/60.

Comment

I was close. didn't catch that. d'oh!
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I would imagine the 60 would be ok on the rear, sure as hell wouldn't put a 60 profile on the front.

Still, its a pretty subpar tire that was discontinued years ago...
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I had looked at that size on my 93 600. The problem I notice was it had a pretty low weight limit and that kind of concerned me...

Comment

there is quite a bit of difference...

Tire size calculator compares diameter, width, circumference and speedometer differences for any two tire sizes. Supports tire sizes in metric and inches.

plug the 2 tire sizes 150/70/17 stock and 150/60/17 in and check out the difference...

Comment

I have run the 150/60/17 Diablo on my kat in the past with no problem, It sticks like glue to the road, but only got about 3500 miles out of that tire.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

i've run the 60 series on both my 600 & 750 on both front and rear without any big problems. did tend to run further out on the edge of the tire (no chicken strip) than the 70 series, and seemed to me to be a little stiffer to turn in with. I still prefer the Avon storms though, stick better, last better, handle better, etc. I've got the Diablos on my 02 750 now, about 5000 mi on them, and I'm going to dump them as soon as i can afford to. they seem to slide around on wet pavement, chase cracks and let go in corners a little to easily for me. But I'll give them this, they're a lot better than the Dunlops I've tried.
                    Carpie Diem!

Comment

Working...
                    X