X

How to get nuts out of my airbox.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get nuts out of my airbox.

So I somehow never noticed several shelled nuts in my airfilter... any way to extract them without removing the tank? (my petcock needs a rebuilt so I'd rather not remove the tank at this time)
    Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Remove two bolts at the rear of tank by the seat.

Lift up tank while you remove air filter.

Problem solved.

Comment

not enough room before it hits the bar the tank bolts to, so I assume I have to remove the whole airbox?
      Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

Remove air filter, insert hand
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Oh, forgot about the bar. Remove the bar too, let the tank sit on the airbox. I just did this with my Post over the weekend, so yours should be identical.

Comment

Ever think of using a vacuum cleaner to get the debris out of the filter? Should be no need to remove anything, if the hose is small enough.
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the title. I was going to suggest putting your seat back on.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the title. I was going to suggest putting your seat back on.
                LOL I can't believe I didn't think of that when I posted. touche touche.

but i swore i looked and the bar was welded to the frame, guess not. All eight nuts were removed! thanks for tolerating my nooby posts today all.
                Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

Ok, and be careful where you're putting your nuts next time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post

No fair. You beat me to it. That was the first thing I thought before even opening the thread.
                    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Originally posted by kohnerbownerr View Post
                      LOL I can't believe I didn't think of that when I posted. touche touche.

but i swore i looked and the bar was welded to the frame, guess not. All eight nuts were removed! thanks for tolerating my nooby posts today all.
                      It's all good. If it's any consolation.... squirrels are tastey.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                      X