X

Motorcycle preferences between r6 gsxr and zx6r

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pepceee View Post
    was that last part for me? I was just looking for opinion.
    But good call on the 600f not r6. I'm really not interested in the r6 just saw the ad. That 636 is decent tho, it's pretty much down to whether I want to spend 1400 more for fuel injection over the carbed zx6. I live in ga and haven't had many problems with cold starts.
    No, not for you.

Trust me, it's worth WAAAAY more to wait, save up the difference, and get the 636.

The 2nd gen 636 is extremely smooth, a lot easier to ride fast than the first gens like mine. That's why so many people swap the swingarms and wheels over, then add the Nissin calipers from the 07+ 6 or the ZX14...

636 > any other 600.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Word Scotty.
      Thanks for the advice experience is a +

Comment

Cant go wrong wit the 636 kawi.
        Godspeed
        CSBA #1167
        Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I can second everything scotty said, I wouldn't give up my 636 for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by kmbphoto View Post
            I can second everything scotty said, I wouldn't give up my 636 for anything.
            If you were closer I'd let you try mine, the 05-06 bikes are sooo much nicer

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Seems like the bikes are cheaper in fl though.

Gotta save a little more cash but soon enough....... Soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by pepceee View Post
                Seems like the bikes are cheaper in fl though.

Gotta save a little more cash but soon enough....... Soon enough
                Just be patient, and get the bike you REALLY want.

1st gen 636s run real cheap, but thats because there is nothing user friendly about them...at all...

I sold my Katana after a year and waited almost another year until I found the right bike for the right price.

Also make sure you actually sit on the bike and are sure that it fits your body type / ideal riding position...I have long legs and the Kawi was the only one that actually felt right.

Comment

There are no shortages of them available so I will bide my time.

Anyone have a service manual for the 636? Any year between 03-07?
                  Last edited by pepceee; 01-02-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I have the first gen, had a second gen too but I think I lost it when my last laptop took a crap

Comment

Service manual is not hard to find on Kawiforums I got mine months before buying my 636

Here's one for the 05-06

click the second link in the thread, first one is for the zx6rr

Comment

Originally posted by kmbphoto View Post
                        Service manual is not hard to find on Kawiforums I got mine months before buying my 636

Here's one for the 05-06

click the second link in the thread, first one is for the zx6rr
                        Thanks

Comment

I would get a newer R6. Just me though, and I have ridden both bikes. Really, I would just recommend a 900 or 1000cc sports bike. Then having a 2000 isn't so much different.
                          "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                          "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

Don't have the cash for that my guy I think Im pretty much set on a 636

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

636 > any other 600.
                              meh I would rather take an older Daytona 675 which is the king of the 600 class IMHO but then I am partial too.

675 ergos are painfull if you are not the right body type
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                                Daytona 675 which is the king of the 600 class
                                inching out 600 class pretty soon there, but those bikes are nice.
                                I don't want the king, baddest, best of the best, none of that.

Im just looking for something to ride to school and work with an emphasis on increased power, but not terrible fuel economy.

The more you increase in cc the more king potential you probably have, more power but less fuel economy I assume.

Besides, if fuel economy or cash werent priorities, I would just get a busa or ducati

I was just wondering out of the 600 rr class mid 2000 era which manufacturer had the best bikes. I thought the gixxers would get more support but I guess not.

Comment

Working...
                                X