X

Sell or keep, 2 bikes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
    I understand the sore back and rear end, but your wrists shouldn't be sore. Sounds like you may need to grip the tank with your knees more and relax your arms a bit. I took me a while to get that technique down, but it sure makes a difference once it becomes habit.
    It was my first trip to the mountains on this bike. I was obviously putting too much pressure on them. It takes a while to get used to the new stance on any bike., and this one is without exception. Just got to get used to the forward stance. Thanks for the advice. Never had that issue with the Kat. Just takes some getting used to and a few minor adjustments.
    "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
    "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

Chris, I am 22, but I like the comfort more on my bikes. I can go longer distances. as for the sore wrists, I have a broken right wrist that never healed correctly, so it hurts when driving rr type bikes.
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I'm 44 and have 2 disc protrusions at the L4-L5 pressing on the nerve roots. My GSX-R isn't really that bad on long rides as long as you have a tank bag to lean against. I am actually a lot more comfortable on it out on the open highway, than I am on my more cruiserish positioned Fazer. Once in the mountain roads with lots of corners, my wrists never get sore on any bike. CBR929RR was a nice bike when it came out, but someone earlier claimed it still had enough power to outrun the newer GSX-R750's. Shootouts in 2000 had the GSX-R750 out running the CBR, so I doubt it would fare much better against the newer 750's. CBR did have slightly more torque, but peak hp was really close, and the GSX-R was lighter. As far as the original question, if you think you will stilll ride the Kat enough to miss it if you sell, nothing wrong with having a spare bike in the garage.
        Last edited by Psycho1; 12-21-2011, 01:33 PM.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

I have two disk protrusions also. The CBR is a lot more comfortable then some of the other sports bikes I've rode. I think it is also causing me to put more pressure on my wrists so my back doesn't take the strain.

Comment

Originally posted by Drinknthink View Post
            I have two disk protrusions also. The CBR is a lot more comfortable then some of the other sports bikes I've rode. I think it is also causing me to put more pressure on my wrists so my back doesn't take the strain.
            That kinda happens with a more aggressive bike, you have to focus on supporting your weight with your back, which then puts the weight on your butt leading to what I like to call "bleacher ***."

Get used to moving around A LOT, stretching your legs out when cruising, and standing on the pegs to get feeling back in your butt.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
              I'm 44 and have 2 disc protrusions at the L4-L5 pressing on the nerve roots. My GSX-R isn't really that bad on long rides as long as you have a tank bag to lean against. I am actually a lot more comfortable on it out on the open highway, than I am on my more cruiserish positioned Fazer. Once in the mountain roads with lots of corners, my wrists never get sore on any bike. CBR929RR was a nice bike when it came out, but someone earlier claimed it still had enough power to outrun the newer GSX-R750's. Shootouts in 2000 had the GSX-R750 out running the CBR, so I doubt it would fare much better against the newer 750's. CBR did have slightly more torque, but peak hp was really close, and the GSX-R was lighter. As far as the original question, if you think you will stilll ride the Kat enough to miss it if you sell, nothing wrong with having a spare bike in the garage.
              my point. lol i could say my zx14 isnt uncomfortable as long as i have bar risers, peg lowering kit, and a corbin, but then it wouldnt really be the same bike...
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:
              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I have two bikes an 03 750 Kat with 26000 miles on it and a 1986 VFR with 37000 miles on it. Neither bike are worth much and I like them both. The VFR with it's old school sports bike ride and tons of low end grunt is a blast to ride. And the Katana is very comfortable and nice in the turns. In another year I hope to add a 3rd bike to the mix, so I say keep them both.
                2003 Katana 750F
                1986 VFR 700F

Comment

i put my bike in for new paint job and custom wraped seat and boy how i wish i had a back up bike to ride cold or not im a fiend for that ride
                  i baby my kat even if it does have nine lives

Comment

For 3,300 I had to sell it. I needed the money to start this year debt free, and now I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X