X

Deal or No Deal!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal or No Deal!

Would you give a thousand dollars ($1,000) cash and a 2006 GSXF 750 in great condition with 14,000 miles, for a 2005 GSXR 600 with 7,000 miles in comparable condition, if you had the opportunity?

I love my Kat but I ride in the mountains a lot and would prefer something lighter. I wanted to buy a gsxr and keep my kat but I don't think I can afford to keep both. Do you think this is a good deal and/or fair trade? Any and all recommendations, input, and/or suggestions, are appreciated.
    Just F.Y.I.
    Roughly the gsxr is rated at 103.9 hp @ 13,000 rpm's 49llbs torque, and the kat is 91.7 hp @ 10,000 rpm's 67llbs torque. Gsxr is 400 dry weight, and the Kat 750 I think is 427.
    Let me know your guys thoughts.
    "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
    "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Understanding that the gixxer won't be as comfortable to ride on long trips as your Kat, the insurance may be more expensive, and the the gixxer might get you into more trouble I would say its a fair trade. I guess the question is, is your riding style such that you can take advantage of the gixxer's capabilities?
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Depends..... I guess..... if you haven't scraped boby parts on the kat yet, I rather doubt you'd be doing it anytime soon on the gix...... save your money, hone your skills, and then give it some more thought......just my thoughts.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Personally I would do it, but Im also 21 and my riding group consists of 06+ ss bikes so that's my riding style. Either way you go you got a nice bike so gl!

Comment

I would do it for 750 cash
            I can do it

Comment

Would I do it? No.
              The GSXR has a more restricted riding position that I would not enjoy on long rides, and I like long rides.
              A year older bike with half the miles, not worth that trade plus the cash. Kelly blue book value does not show that much of a difference in price. About $250 difference in retail price.

Comment

I'd show your buddy the KBB values and talk $$. Personally, I wouldn't make the trade just because I've got a messed up back and one of the things I like about the Kat is the relaxed riding position. You may find yourself missing that. Otherwise, though the GSXR is a much more capable bike, performance-wise.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

$3k katana + $1k cash = $4k gsxr, the better question is why the hell WOULDNT you...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    $3k katana + $1k cash = $4k gsxr, the better question is why the hell WOULDNT you...
                    Originally posted by 97-Katana600 View Post
                    Would I do it? No.
                    The GSXR has a more restricted riding position that I would not enjoy on long rides, and I like long rides.
                    A year older bike with half the miles, not worth that trade plus the cash. Kelly blue book value does not show that much of a difference in price. About $250 difference in retail price.

Comment

Ended up buying a 2000 cbr 929 and keeping the Katana for now. I'm loving my new cbr!
                      "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                      "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

Enjoy the new ride!....... and easy with the wrist for awhile. Good score!
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                          Dont give me that KBB crap, I thought you were smarter than that.

I'll give you the riding position being more cramped, but thats literally the ONLY downside.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Dont give me that KBB crap, I thought you were smarter than that.

I'll give you the riding position being more cramped, but thats literally the ONLY downside.
                            So you're telling me the guy is getting a good deal by giving up 1K with his Kat, when the market says only another 250? Riiiighhhhhtt.

I'd take that 750 dollar difference, thanks.

Comment

Just for arguments sake...

vs

Jussayin...thats great that you have this high sense of value for your 2006 Katana, but it's the same bike as a 1998 Katana...dont hide behind your phony KBB values you shifty little bastage.

Plus he said similar condition, similar condition to "perfect" a gsxr is worth on average $2k more than a Katana of the same year, market dictating. However good luck finding a perfect GSXR, they go down like dominoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X