X

Carb rebuild kits for 96 750 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb rebuild kits for 96 750 ?

Having a little trouble finding basic rebuild kits for my 96 750 kat carbs.
    I purchased them for the 600 from the guy from Canada on Ebay and was happy them but I'm not finding a listing for the 96 750.

Richard
    96 Suzuki GSX750F
    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
    05 Yamaha WR450F
    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

I haven't found a kit yet. Check the carb parts wiki.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The rebuild kits for the 89-97 750 and 90-97 600 are the same thing. Just keep in mind, the kits do not include the 4 rubber pilot jet plugs. You'll also need to order 4 of them separately.

Comment

Arsenic Thanks I'll pickup some of the 600 kits. I'll wait till Im get them all apart and inspected to order the plugs just in case I need anything else.
        I've never had this set apart to check for a carb kit, if not I'll throw a Fp stage 1 in while I'm at it
        Richard
        96 Suzuki GSX750F
        89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
        05 Yamaha WR450F
        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

Sorry for thread digging. Other forums I'm used to getting bitched at if a new thread is created before searching. So, what do these rubber pilot jet plugs do? I ordered some back on Jan 17th and they still haven't arrived. GRR! They didn't come with any kit that I could find, as mentioned above. Just curious, tia.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannon View Post
              Sorry for thread digging. Other forums I'm used to getting bitched at if a new thread is created before searching. So, what do these rubber pilot jet plugs do? I ordered some back on Jan 17th and they still haven't arrived. GRR! They didn't come with any kit that I could find, as mentioned above. Just curious, tia.

The 90-97 600, and 89-97 750 CV carbs used on the Kats meter the flow of fuel to the pilot jets by routing the fuel through the main jet, into the emulsion tube area, through a cross over point to the pilot jet. So that you have access to the pilot jets for removal or replacement, they use a rubber plug that seals off the hole for the jets that is easily removable.

In other words... it plugs the hole so the fuel comes from a metered flow port.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you for the response. I saw the little crossover point from the main jet, emulsion tube area, its clearly visible. I guess I just couldn't figure out why a pilot jet(metering device) was metered via a tiny pilot like circuit from the main jet. I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking it. Anywho, I got tired of waiting for my plugs to arrive and 'made' some. The bike finally runs for the first time since ownership. Took a while for it to get warm and all the hiccups to go away but once it was warm it ran great. Next step is to get some more gas in the tank, not old 87' then get it synched. I'm used to my R6 but I'm liking this lil thing so far.

Comment

Working...
                X