X

VIN # Locations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN # Locations

I have to take my Kat to the State Police Dept tomorrow to get some things straightened out with the title. I don't want to be there any longer than I have to be, and would like to know if anyone knows where every VIN # will be on the bike. I've searched but havent found any threads on this.
    If it aint broke fix it till it is

Vin plate on the frame, right side, just behind the stearing neck. Also, the vin will be stamped on the same side on the stearing neck. Those are the only frame numbers/info.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you very much. I can't believe the engine isn't marked at least. I was figuring everything was stamped or plated somewhere.

Comment

Uuummm, the engine is marked. There is an engine number right above the oil fill. But the engine number and VIN number are two different things.

Comment

Ok I gotcha. I was just told that they will want the fairings removed and will want to run all of the numbers on the bike to check for stolen parts. Im just trying to get an idea of where all those numbers will be. This is my first and hopefully last time doing this.

Comment

With a flashlight, you can see the engine number with only removing the oil filler cover (I've had to do this at the tag office).

Comment

Thanks. Is that the only one that should be hidden by the fairings?

Comment

No, the whole frame plate with the VIN and what not is under the fairings. Just take them off.

Comment

Ok thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X