X

Will this work? Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work? Eliminator

Custom made Universal fender eliminator. This is a custom made fender eliminator WITH OUT the turn signals that you see IN THE PICTURE! They have only been deburred at this point from the laser machine.

Wondering if this will work (can i put stock turn signals on it?) Also this doesnt replace the entire wheel assembly right? Just the back portion?

KATANA 600(may need modified)
    I'd find a better one.

Comment

I had a creese bracket on mine for a while, but the stock signals ended up being a bit to heavy for the aluminum that bracket is made of and cracked it from vibration. It's a real nice unit, but use smaller aftermarket signals with it...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

So just for clarification, this is nothing more than a tail light/license plate mount, correct? You still have to cut off the mud guard that hangs down?

Other fender eliminator kits actually come with a new piece that goes under the tail. Just a heads up to the OP and other folks looking.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          So just for clarification, this is nothing more than a tail light/license plate mount, correct? You still have to cut off the mud guard that hangs down?

Other fender eliminator kits actually come with a new piece that goes under the tail. Just a heads up to the OP and other folks looking.
          I am trying to find a solution that doesn't involve cutting or removing anything (but reasonably priced). I am a little unclear if the entire wheel cover is considered the fender or just the drop down piece and if those are 2 pieces or 1.

Comment

The entire underside of the back seat and the "mud flap" are all one piece. So you either have to cut the mud flap part off yourself, or buy a real fender eliminator kit that has a new undertail piece.

There is a thread in the How To's I believe for doing it yourself, only costs a few bucks, and looks pretty damned good in the end. Lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here ya go! Download the PDF and do it yourself, should only take an evening or an afternoon. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89702
            Last edited by 05RedKat600; 10-15-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

just the drop down 'mudflap' needs removed. I mounted that bracket to an aftermarket undertail assembly with no issues. I should have clarified that in my earlier post, my apologies. I really don't remember what the original undertail looks like up under there, but I know guys have used this same bracket with the factory undertail.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

They sell just the bracket at my local shop (special ordered) for 20 bucks without the turn signals.. I have some short stalks on my GS500E that i may remove and put the stocks back on that bike (if i can find them that is)... Was wondering if anyone has used these brackets and if they will span to the 2 bolt holes that you mount to when you do one of the homemade elimators...

Comment

Or, instead of cutting off the whole mud flap, leave a section, heat it using a lighter or heat gun(I recommend the lighter, it gives a more focused heat and will bend nicer) and drill olds to accommodate the plate screws and turn signals. Costs $0.

Comment

Working...
                  X