X

here we go ,lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here we go ,lol

i have a 93 kat (pre i guess) and i just got a plus 10 swingarm. i understand that there shouldnt be much of a spacer issue on the chain side. but im using a 98 bandit 1200 rear wheel . they just cut/extended my old swingarm and kept the factory adjusters on the end. should i use the bandit 1200 spacer on the chain side or the kat 600 spacer on chain side? basically same question for rotor side? can i use one of my factory spacers off the 600/1200 wheel or do i HAVE to get one custom made???
    93 gsxf 600 frame , b12 motor swap(1216) ,plus 10 swingarm, 2004 hayabusa,
    (dragbike),2005 hd sportster screamin eagle full exhaust, 97 honda shadow all stock.

simple answer... use 20mm axle adjusters (bandit, sv, rf) and everything else between the forks of the swingarm for the bandit wheel (spacers and caliper bracket).

Axle should probably be a 20mm axle from a bike that used a similiar singarm... like the bandit or RFs.

If you do that... nothing custom needs to be made.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

this probably sounds like a stupid question but do i have to get the bandit rear caliper? or is there a way to make my gsxf 600 rear caliper work?
      (dragbike),2005 hd sportster screamin eagle full exhaust, 97 honda shadow all stock.

Comment

Use all bandit 1200 parts for spacers and the bandit 600 axle and adjusters. I know that the post rear caliper bolts right up to the bandit caliper bracket, so I would assume that the pre would as well...
        '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Originally posted by rob845 View Post
          Use all bandit 1200 parts for spacers and the bandit 600 axle and adjusters. I know that the post rear caliper bolts right up to the bandit caliper bracket, so I would assume that the pre would as well...
          The pre and post rear calipers mount differently, I'm not sure the pre caliper will bolt up like the post. It might, but there are differences.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

so the 600 bandit runs a 20 mm axle just like the 1200? i have the whole bandit 1200 swingarm with the adjusters i guess....do the adjusters unbolt from the bandit swinger or am i gonna have to cut off the ends with the adjuster still intact and re weld it?

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            simple answer... use 20mm axle adjusters (bandit, sv, rf) and everything else between the forks of the swingarm for the bandit wheel (spacers and caliper bracket).

Axle should probably be a 20mm axle from a bike that used a similiar singarm... like the bandit or RFs.

If you do that... nothing custom needs to be made.

Krey
            would 03 09 sv 650 adjusts work with a 20 mm like the bandit 1200 i just found some dirt cheap???
            Last edited by freakyb12kat; 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

here it is!

honestly what do yall think?
              Attached Files

Comment

I'd go back to stock but that's just me. I think bikes are more fun when you're turning. If I wanted to go in a straight line I'd have bought a cruiser. I just don't see the point in taking away your ability to turn. Takes all kinds to fill the freeway, though and if it makes you happy...

I saw your other posts from today. Your pics are kinda dimly lit but it looks like you're doing a nice job of it.

Edit: Just saw some more posts you snuck in this evening. Looks like your idea of what to do with a bike and mine are two different things!
                Last edited by Wild-Bill; 10-15-2011, 10:49 PM.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X