X

picked up a few things

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up a few things

so the PO for whatever reason had a tiny battery in the kat, so I after visiting my local cyclegear and being a little disappointed...I checked out 1....2......3 Walmarts which were all out of stock of the one battery compatible with the post-kats. Regardless I got oil and a filter from there. Came home and looked around on bikebandit, settled on:

Yuasa Maintenance Free VRLA Battery (YTX9-BS)

EBC Organic Brake Pads x 2 for up front, think these are good choice? hopefully it should work out. eager to get it up to optimum
    2001 GSX600F

Good choice. The only good thing about Never-lasts is that they usually die before the warranty runs out so you get two for the price of one.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

the battery or the pads?
      2001 GSX600F

Comment

The battery. I don't think Wally World sells pads to fit a Kat.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

He!!, I can't find an oil filter at mine lol...

Comment

NAPA has good filters for the Kat.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              NAPA has good filters for the Kat.
              +1..... Wal Mart only carries Fram for motorcycles, and Fram makes terrible oil filters. NAPA's filters are made by Wix. In every small town in the US, there will be either a NAPA store, or a parts store that carries Wix filters. Find it and use it!

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              Good choice. The only good thing about Never-lasts is that they usually die before the warranty runs out so you get two for the price of one.
              I have had no problem with them. My last Kat had one that was grossly undersized for the bike, and it still lasted for 3 years without even having a battery tender on it (just jumped it whenever I got to riding again). It's still in the bike now with the current owner. I can't remember what company makes "Never-Start" motorcycle batteries, but it's one of the big ones. Of course they aren't as nice as a new, fancy gel battery or something (I can crank my GSXR seemingly forever without it dieing.... it's got a fancy one), but they function just fine for most usage.
              Last edited by loudnlow7484; 10-11-2011, 06:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

1+ on napa filters
                "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Here is a good user review on the Wal Mart branded Supertech filters. They seem to be high quality construction with good quality filter media and pretty cheap too. Better than the Fram's anyway.

Forum discussion: Chopped open my Super Tech Wal-Mart filter after my last oil change to see how well constructed the filter is for the price. I've Also attached pictures. Starting off, the top of the ST Filter, the threads are smooth, no metal shavings or filings st

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                    Here is a good user review on the Wal Mart branded Supertech filters. They seem to be high quality construction with good quality filter media and pretty cheap too. Better than the Fram's anyway.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r204...ch-Oil-Filters
                    I don't think they make them for the Kat. Suzuki uses a thread that isn't shared (as far as I know) with any car. A lot of Yamaha's and Honda's can use car filters.... I don't know about Kawi.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                      I don't think they make them for the Kat. Suzuki uses a thread that isn't shared (as far as I know) with any car. A lot of Yamaha's and Honda's can use car filters.... I don't know about Kawi.
                      doubtful on the kat fitment. its worth a check though. Wix/Napa lists the 1359 our kats use as a strictly Suzuki powersport apps and a couple arctic kat apps. The Kawi filter (1358) has a much broader range of fitments, including some Nissan's, Scubi's, and many marine apps and even Kubota tractors...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        They have one for the wife's Ninja and my FZ6. Not sure about the Kat either. I put a K&N on mine only for the fact it has a nut on the end of it which makes removal a ton easier. I'll only do that once, those things are too damned expensive.

Comment

got in the new oil and filter today, waiting on my pads and battery. i would have gotten the walmart battery but since all three were out of stock of that one i decided to order one from bikebandit, so i think that should be A.O.K.
                          2001 GSX600F

Comment

first oil change - check! went for a test ride and everything felt nice, no leaks upon return. hooraaah
                            Attached Files
                            2001 GSX600F

Comment

installed the Yuasa today, starts right up! the PO had some lil pos moped battery in it before, an everstart 4...when the kats need a 9 lol. im surprised it even started with it haha, it definitely did drain it though, couple times i had to charge it up before I could ride, shouldnt have that problem anymore though!
                              2001 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                              X