Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How much for a battery... how much... how...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a battery... how much... how...?

So I call my local Suzuki stealership for a battery, they have treated me right in the past. They have an online system that says it will cost $36.92. Cool I think I can drop that on a battery no problemo.

Ring ring

press blah blah for parts

Parts Guy: "parts"

Me: "yeah can I get a battery for a 1989 Suzuki Katana GSX600F"

Parts Guy: "wow that's an old bike"

Me: "thanks, it's not that old... I once had a ... (never mind)"

Parts Guy: "Yeah"

Me: "excuse me?"

Parts Guy: "Yeah, you can get a battery"

Me: "OK, how much will it be?"

Parts Guy: "like eighty two bucks"

Me: "Wow that much?"

Parts Guy: "um $80.00"

Me: "well can you check"

Parts Guy: "well there's lots of them"

Me: "ok, but how many will fit my bike"

Parts Guy: "ok fifty bucks"

Me: "I'm looking at your website and it says $36.92"

Parts Guy: "well i don't see that"

Me: "is Mike in" [Mike is their supervisor and actually has a brain]

Parts Guy: "no he's not in right now"

Me: "ok, thanx I'll call back later"

how friggen hard is it to give someone a battery price, geez

Walmart has them for good prices. It's where I got mine and I've had no problems thus far. GL
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

Same issue with the local shop here, but it's for any part from the parts department. They have an online website http://www.mrcycles.com/Default.asp with decent prices. Call them directly to order for pickup from the store, and those prices get a significant price increase.

For example...

Called and was going to order 4 of the pre carb pilot jet plugs. Online prices are listed for both "retail" and "online discount price". Retail listed as $3.48, discount is $3.36. Called the parts desk, quoted price was $7.89 each. Also get the same "comments" about the age/type of the bike.

What I do now when I order... I go online, look up the part number, and I give them the part number I want to order and qty. Then, I also tell them the Listed retail price and that I would expect them to match the advertised price.

That makes the transactions much quicker, and cheaper for me now. I get the parts I need, at the price I'm expecting, with no comments about the bike, and knowing that they offer it for sale as it's on the website.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

$37 isn't bad. I went the Walmart route and I haven't had any problems as well.
        sigpic
        1994 GSX600

Comment

walmart can eat my ***!
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Any thoughts on Yuasa batteries? They're a customer of mine and can get em insanely cheap.
            A fool can't act wise, but the wise can act a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
              walmart can eat my ***!
              is that your final answer? i have a walmart battery in my Kat. no problems. i killed the one that was in my bike by filling it. thought the level was low and topped it up. turns out that it's a gel type and doesn't need topping off. whoops!
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Isn't Yuasa the OE supplier to many companies? I buy them when I can afford it. Last I checked, I was quoted like $85 for my 2000 750 Kat. I went in to autozone with a tape measure and found 1 that fit for $30. Turns out, it also will fit in my Yami Raptor.
                "Don't mess with a nation, that needs medication"- Christopher Titus-

Comment

Funky stuff, for sure…

Originally posted by None2Slow View Post
                  Isn't Yuasa the OE supplier to many companies? I buy them when I can afford it. Last I checked, I was quoted like $85 for my 2000 750 Kat. I went in to autozone with a tape measure and found 1 that fit for $30. Turns out, it also will fit in my Yami Raptor.
                  Right… and I don't get it?
                  I found that the bat from my '82 GS1100G fits right in there, 14LA2. So I just get those for $33.
                  Bill
                  ('90 750)
                  Last edited by buffalobill; 09-19-2011, 06:33 AM.

Comment

i also have a walmart battery and no problem at all

Comment

Working...
                    X