• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh thats what I was looking for!!!!

Comment

Looks like ThazKat has some competition

KR Rocks !!

Comment

Bracket looks nice, Jax. I wouldn't powerdercoat it, myself. I'd just polish it up real nice. Blind someone on a sunny day. .

For those that don't know, there is a machine shop available for the layman. Just requires a bit of work with a free CAD tool. Check out www.emachineshop.com. Prices aren't that bad. No, I'm not advertising. Just passing out the info.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Looks great bro!!!

Here is a stainless steel one I did for BigCory

It is the creativity of other's like you, Jim and some other KR peeps that makes this one of the best site's out there. We all can get great value from such a thing!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

In case anyone is interested, I've designed a prototype bracket that has the same turn signal tabs that BBA was looking at. I don't have a physical model (they want $19.00/each for a lot of 10), but I do have plans. I just have to find a way to export them into a format everyone can see. Right now I can do AutoCAD and EMS (emachineshop). Once I get the measurements down, it should work like a champ. The 3-D model looks great.

Main reason I say all this is to save Jax a little bit of trouble coming up with tabs.
            -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Jax,

If you want tabs and to keep the stock turn signals while making the undertail look a little smoother, try BillyBad's idea. You can use the existing bracket you have. Just cut the two tabs, drill two holes, and bend them in 90 degrees. It looks pretty good and doesn't add any more weight.
              -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                Jax,

If you want tabs and to keep the stock turn signals while making the undertail look a little smoother, try BillyBad's idea. You can use the existing bracket you have. Just cut the two tabs, drill two holes, and bend them in 90 degrees. It looks pretty good and doesn't add any more weight.
                True...I think I'll give it a try...As I stated above I've got more material to play with just need to get the time to go to the shop and work on those projects...thanks for the advice..
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

To revive a topic...

I'm looking at a plan like this myself. I've got the plans finished with the exception of final hole placements. What I need to know though, for those of us without machine shops, what is the best material to try to work with? I am going to be bending the tabs, so I want to make sure it's something that won't fall off like a thread stated the aluminum made brackets do.

Any suggestions?
                  -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

You can use mild steel..
                    If you want to paint it.

Stainless may be a bit hard to bent.
                    If you clamp some stiff plates to the parts to bend,
                    you can use a wrench or hammer to bend the parts
                    while keeping the tabs flat and straight.

Comment

Working...
                    X