Bike Security?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post

Umarex 3 shot?
    I have an Umarex ebos with bulk co2 attachment. I would use it if I had to.
    sigpic

Comment

I use a disc lock on my honda shadow 750 then chain my kat to that lol 2 guys might pick up 1 bike but not 2 bikes lol. But 1 disc lock on the front will deter most would be thief's.

Comment

These are what we use at work.
        Abloy's High Security PL358 Padlock is a Grade 5 hardened steel body padlock with a hardened boron removable steel shackle. It is the only Abloy padlock with a removable shackle. The locking cylinder is loaded through the top of the padlock vs the bottom in the PL 350. This offers extreme drill resistance against the retaining screw. It is useful for many high security padlock installs resisting cutting, grinding and drilling.

There was a video floating around of a guy with some 24" bolt cutters trying to cut 1 of these locks, and busted the jaws of the cutters. I put it through my spocket and chain. Can't roll it and you will know really fast if you forgot to take it off. I painted mine bright Orange just so it will stand out and draw attention to it. It uses a special key. Almost like taking a regular key and folding it around. They are expensive, around $180, but work paid for it and it works.
        "Don't mess with a nation, that needs medication"- Christopher Titus-

Comment

I have a fully fitted alarm I bought from Jay Car for around $50. If you connect all the wires it will take a good day to mount and install, but then you have an OEM style system with adjustable shock sensor, siren, flashing indicators and immobiliser with remotes. It can be set to arm automatically 10 secs after ignition is turned off, and it gives warning beeps and flashes to deter would-be thieves. Even has a flashing LED I mounted on the dash as the first line of defence. Close to the best $50 I have spent!

Comment

Working...
          X