X

katana 600 fairing need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 600 fairing need

ive been looking for a complete unpainted body for my 88 600. i wanted to put a 97 body on it but i cant find any shops or ebay that sells them. anyone know of people or places that do?

Good luck...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

are you looking for an 88 body? a 97 body? or a 97 body shell with 88 mounts so it bolts right up? sounds like you might have to do some fabbing here bud. check out cheapcycleparts.com for any oem parts youll need. not sure if theyll have an 88 but they have 97s. Good luck!

edit.

88 body parts

97 parts
      Last edited by Devin706; 08-29-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin706 View Post
        are you looking for an 88 body? a 97 body? or a 97 body shell with 88 mounts so it bolts right up? sounds like you might have to do some fabbing here bud. check out cheapcycleparts.com for any oem parts youll need. not sure if theyll have an 88 but they have 97s. Good luck!

edit.

88 body parts

97 parts
        http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model...mblies/125714#
        Katana fairings are the same 88-97 as far as I've ever known...its basically the same frame and subframe 88-2006 minus small differences in the 03+...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

88 and 97 are indeed the same thing. Just different paint schemes.

Comment

yeah after some research the 88-97 are using the same frame so the body should match up with no problems. thanks for the oem link that gave me some clues on price and what they have. was hopping for some cheap chinese that i can play with but for this bike i see parts are hard to come by

Comment

If you just have to have new,aftermarket,unpainted fairings you can get a fiberglass set from AirTECH.

There are also some ABS plastic ones from Maier.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                88 and 97 are indeed the same thing. Just different paint schemes.
                ah.. didnt know that! lol. (new to kats) i figured the change in generation would have bodystyle changes lol good to know!

Comment

Good Luck!!! I got lucky and caught a member with some on the other side of the state lol I'd search local classified and craigslist for parts bikes or if you wanna pay the new price hit http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...6001988-97.htm
                  Last edited by stretched600; 08-29-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin706 View Post
                    ah.. didnt know that! lol. (new to kats) i figured the change in generation would have bodystyle changes lol good to know!
                    Change in generation happened in 1998.....so is it 1998 and later fairings you want? Be cheaper and easier to just buy the whole bike rather than new fairings.

Comment

im partial to the old bikes, kinda like the slim style better

Comment

Working...
                      X