X

New addition for the man cave

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition for the man cave

It's good to see a site with so much useful information. I have been riding my Suzuki Boulevard C50C for the last few seasons, but year in year out I have been craving the feeling you get with a street bike. The wife finally broke down and let me pick up a 2006 Katana 600 with 4200 miles.

Got a decent price on the bike. $3000 out the door with taxes. I love having the choice to ride what I want now. It surprised me how comfortable these bikes are. I took it on a 2 hour ride and felt great afterwards except for the wrists being a little sore.

Looking forward to keeping up with everyone.

Last edited by Bronco Pope; 08-28-2011, 03:10 PM.

Welcome aboard BP, uh-oh another member with BP for initials.

That a nice color scheme with the silver accents, or is that gray.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Welcome to KR.
      Nice bikes
      2005 Gsx600f- My baby
      1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
      Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

I got a Bandit and think I would like a cruiser also
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I'm with you -- I had a pocket rocket Triumph 600tt and an old BMW cruiser -- my son-in-law had an m80 -- fun to go on a ride and just swap off -- or just get on the one that fits your mood -- sold my two for a kat and haven't been disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
            That a nice color scheme with the silver accents, or is that gray.
            Black and Silver - That is the only part that hurts, it looks great....but I am a die-hard Broncos fan. Maybe time for a blue/orange paint job?

I am having so much fun with my Kat that I feel like I am going to be neglecting my Boulevard for awhile. Maybe I can convince the wife to learn how to ride?

Comment

Welcome...I came off a Suzuki Marauder and onto an 06 Kat exactly like the one you pictured...I bet you spend more time on the Kat.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Pope View Post
                but I am a die-hard Broncos fan.
                There's your problem
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome to KR! once i bought my first kat i never road another cruiser
                  "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Having both a cruiser and a sportier bike absolutely ROCKS.

Im lucky enough to have a VL1500 all dressed out as well as a 750 Kat, i try to show them both equal love, but I do tend to favor the Kat, especially now that my girl bought her own motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      There's your problem
                      +1

I still BILLieve.
                      In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Working...
                      X