X

89-97 Katana 750 and 600 tanks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89-97 Katana 750 and 600 tanks

I own a 96 Katana 750, and was wondering if the 600 tank is the same size is 750. I cant seem to find a black 750 tank and need one to finish restoration. If anyone has one for sale let me know. Any advice for me thanks!

Originally posted by brodeur779 View Post
    I own a 96 Katana 750, and was wondering if the 600 tank is the same size is 750. I cant seem to find a black 750 tank and need one to finish restoration. If anyone has one for sale let me know. Any advice for me thanks!

The only differnce would be CA or not CA model tanks, and paint. The CA or non CA tanks can be used for either bike though. The CA models just have some emissions stuff inside to reduce the holding capacity slightly. Outside is the same.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

How do I tell what is CA and non CA tank?

Comment

Originally posted by brodeur779 View Post
        How do I tell what is CA and non CA tank?

The simple way is look on the bottom. There will be either 2 or 3 ports (not counting the petcock). One is on the large silver "catch" pan for the fuel sensor if it should leak. The second on all of them is a short one that is for the "overflow" drain from the fill hole.

The 3rd one is only on CA models... it's a little longer and curved to point towards the rear of the bike. That is the connection to the internal vapor recovery equiptment inside the tanks for the CA models.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X