X

Light laws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light laws?

Doing my 05 kat rehab, and I need new turn signal light covers. I found a set that I love, they will match the custom paint job, black and blue, perfectly. They are blue, however, are they legal in Indiana?

Pretty sure it's a Federal law that says no red or blue lights on the front of your vehicle. Not just state.

Comment

Guess it will be skoke then

Smoke
      Last edited by Mmillerdroidx; 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

$70 for a piece of plastic? Ouch...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I really like my kat, 80$ is nothing, the custom paint and plastics were 900$. But I did some research, the law says they have to shine amber, which they do. The bulbs are amber.

Comment

Bulbs are amber, but the light through the lens would be blue. You might get away with it once, then it would be a ticket.

Comment

I went with the clear. Hopefully they look black like the plastics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmillerdroidx View Post
                I went with the clear. Hopefully they look black like the plastics.
                If you were to paint the inside where the bulb goes black.....that would be the case. Or you could try some of that spray on smoke-lenses type stuff that people use on their tail lights. That might work too. Not 100% sure if that's legal or not, so check your local laws.

Comment

I figured that clear with an amber bulb had to be legal.

Comment

Wow, they are pretty proud of those for $80.
                    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

As long as the color of the signal at night does not look blue, you could be OK. If you mounted a colored bulb or lens, you may get away with it.

My HID headlights definitely look blue, but I have never been bothered by it.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I came across this issue a couple times in the past, where i wanted to do some light mod work to my 05 600. Luckily i went to a bike night at QSL, found the On Duty Sargent Cop and asked him. Here in FL, They will pull you over for Red or Blue Accent Lights (Body Light Kit), Red or Blue lights as Turn Signals, and Red or Blue Lights in the Third Eye Slot. I always ask a Cop Before I do a Mod like that because they will be the ones who enforce the Law- and the ones that would be pulling me over. and Personally, I do not need the hassle for just going out and and trying to make my Katana Stand out.

Have fun with the Mods

Comment

Agreed, it's not woth the hassle.

Comment

Working...
                          X