X

how did this work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did this work?

hey guys my 06 katana gsx600 broke down today and i dont have any way to get it back to my house so me and my freind deside to try to towe it with my old motorcycle witch is a 08 ninja 250r so we got some tie downs and hooked them up and it works like a charm....i would never think that that 250 would towe that heavy as* katana up hill put it worked great....

That sounds pretty dangerous and illegal, how far of a tow was it? I guess I'm just used to the walk of shame...
    What is the problem with the bike?

Comment

wow....just wow...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btRGJt-zOE0&feature=related"]Never tow a Motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

Ooops!! i had my squid card with, I'm excused.
        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by 06katana600 View Post
          hey guys my 06 katana gsx600 broke down today and i dont have any way to get it back to my house so me and my freind deside to try to towe it with my old motorcycle witch is a 08 ninja 250r so we got some tie downs and hooked them up and it works like a charm....i would never think that that 250 would towe that heavy as* katana up hill put it worked great....
          Why wouldn't it? The Kat is on wheels, it's not dead weight. I'm not saying it is a good idea or that it's good for the 250 (ninjette abuser!) but it makes sense that it would.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Aerostich sells an emergency tow strap
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It was only for a block or so.....and I had took the carbs apart and messed up the float switch

Comment

What's a float switch?

Comment

If it was for a block just push. I know the Kat is heavy, but if you can't push it for a block you need to get off your computer and work on your cardio.
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Weakling, you needed a tow for a block?

The Katana only has about 40 more hp than the 250...
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X