X

Deer vs GSXR 1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer vs GSXR 1000

So tonight after our local bike night a few of us decided to go for a little jaunt over to the next town. As we are clipping about 80 the lead notices a deer dead smack in the middle of the lane, it jumps towards him and then does a airel 180 turn and hits his bike. I have to give this guy credit as he didn't panic and maintained control of the bike and kinda just swerved a hair. Deer is dead, bike only has a bent frame slider and the rear brake component is a little loose. Has to be THE MOST freakiest thing I have seen!
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Originally posted by str8poolbanger View Post
    So tonight after our local bike night a few of us decided to go for a little jaunt over to the next town. As we are clipping about 80 the lead notices a deer dead smack in the middle of the lane, it jumps towards him and then does a airel 180 turn and hits his bike. I have to give this guy credit as he didn't panic and maintained control of the bike and kinda just swerved a hair. Deer is dead, bike only has a bent frame slider and the rear brake component is a little loose. Has to be THE MOST freakiest thing I have seen!
    Thats why I dont ride at night often! Glad u all are ok! he may need some new underwear after that one!
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
      Thats why I dont ride at night often! Glad u all are ok! he may need some new underwear after that one!
      u dont ride at night because of deer!? weird...
      i dont like to ride during the mid day heat so to each their own.

good job for your buddy... thats why he's the lead.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

Around here, deer are like mosquitos. I avoid night riding at as well. I've hit one deer on my bike, and have totalled about 3 cars due to them.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

just nailed a deer myself..in northern michigan they are everywhere and I work midnights so I am in the dark for most of my riding..glad dude didnt bite the ground and all is well minus some collateral damage..I am doing an hid headlight upgrade this weekend..I wanna seeeeeeeeeee whats comming..

Comment

I nailed a deer once.
            Waking up next to it was the most awkward part.
            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
              I nailed a deer once.
              Waking up next to it was the most awkward part.

"Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Scary!!

Man that would scare me soooo bad!! Glad ur ok.

Comment

I don't ride fast at night because of deer in my area, but I do go to bike nights and such. I don't ride at night unless I have a reason, I do in the day though.
                  "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                  "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

I just ride slower.... i was told by an Italian driving instructor/ test driver that most accidents are caused by going to fast some how or another.
                    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                    Tony
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                    X