X

Yoshi RS-3...is it jetted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshi RS-3...is it jetted?

Hey guys, just wondering how extensive of a project it is to check out whether or not my girl has a jet kit or not?

I bought the bike in my sig as it was and maybe I just wasn't paying attention at first, but recently I have noticed some resonating vibrations around the 7k RPM range and was thinking that a possible jet kit to add some fuel might help.

Also, how extensive a job is it to pull the plugs on these bikes and/or adjust the A/F screw as I may start there to see if it helps any prior to potentially having the bike jetted.

I am assuming that it's a simple pulling of the fuel tank and air box for the A/F screw, right?

Thanks guys!
    2006 GSX750F
    Yoshimura RS-3
    Corbin Seat
    Givi Monokey V46 Top Case
    sigpic

Remove carbs, pop off float bowl and see
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It's a lot easier to take a cover off and look at the needle. If it has different spots for the e-clip, it's a jet kit. 6 is Dynojet, 5 is Factory Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        It's a lot easier to take a cover off and look at the needle. If it has different spots for the e-clip, it's a jet kit. 6 is Dynojet, 5 is Factory Pro.
        I'm gonna remember this.

Comment

Originally posted by blackice44 View Post
          Hey guys, just wondering how extensive of a project it is to check out whether or not my girl has a jet kit or not?

I bought the bike in my sig as it was and maybe I just wasn't paying attention at first, but recently I have noticed some resonating vibrations around the 7k RPM range and was thinking that a possible jet kit to add some fuel might help.

Also, how extensive a job is it to pull the plugs on these bikes and/or adjust the A/F screw as I may start there to see if it helps any prior to potentially having the bike jetted.

I am assuming that it's a simple pulling of the fuel tank and air box for the A/F screw, right?

Thanks guys!
          How expensive to do the job urself? i.e. You buy the plugs? or you take it to the shop? my recommendation, i run a yosh rs3 as well, i jetted my bike, takes time to do it, a jet kit will run about a lil over $100 and costs $$$ to have dealer install. after installing a jet kit, i would have rather just adjusted my a/f mixture a lil bit and saved myself the time and money
          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
          Current Bikes:
          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
          X