No announcement yet.
X

Squeeking/chirping noise under torque?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeking/chirping noise under torque?

Hey Guys,

My 04 600F recently started making a very noticeable squeaking/chirping type noise at low rpm with the throttle open. It seems to happen at all gears, but wind drowns it out once I hit 60 or so. I don't think it's the chain, since it stops as soon as I release the throttle, even at speed, so I'm kind of stumped. Any ideas?

Chain. Needs some lube on it. Throttle open it's under load, throttle off it's not. Bet it's worn out.

Comment

Power steering pump drive belt loose or requires waxing!

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
        Power steering pump drive belt loose or requires waxing!
        The belt is slipping on the air conditioner pump.
        And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

There is no way that noise is a slipping belt. He should look at the muffler bearings.
          “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
          -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
          1994 Katana 600

Comment

Compression leak?

Comment

Originally posted by flipz34 View Post
              There is no way that noise is a slipping belt. He should look at the muffler bearings.
              I know this is a little off subject, but back working for Dodge I found this out.. The Dodge Stealth R/T and Mitsu 3000gt VR4 have a part called a muffler bearing Sorry for thread jacking..

To the original poster, check/lube your chain.
              Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Yep, good call, was the chain. I had used some different lube recently and it wore off sooner than I expected. Had it in my head that it was fuel related :X

Comment

Glad you have it figured out... I really enjoy the Silkoline Pro Chain... Works great on mine..
                  Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Originally posted by Crabmeatz View Post
                    Yep, good call, was the chain. I had used some different lube recently and it wore off sooner than I expected. Had it in my head that it was fuel related :X

Comment

wow, im really surprised it was the chain. I would have suggested the aluminum magnet!!

Comment

Birds chirp and mice squeek. Could have gone either way.
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                        X