X

Amount of oil in a 98 GSXF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amount of oil in a 98 GSXF

Hey I have a 98 GSXF600 and I am changing the cluch. since its a wet one i need to change out the oil just wondering if anyone knew how much oil i was going to need after i switch it all out.

The service manual should have all the info you need. You can get a copy from the wiki.
    “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
    -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
    1994 Katana 600

Comment

Raised numbers at the oil fill on the motor also states the fill capacity...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Just changed my clutch last weekend. My manual (which by the way is a PDF on my computer that I paid like $5 for offline) on my 2000 GSXF called for 3.8 quarts. I added that much then eyeballed the oil window (with the bike straight up not on the stand) as it was running for the recommended 10 mins. I ended up putting a little bit more in probably around a full 4 quarts when it was all said and done.
        Hope this helps a little!! Good luck!!
        For my little angel.....
        sigpic
        ~Erin
        "Loyal to those Loyal to me"

Comment

thank ya guys yeah it was real close to 4 full qts

Comment

No wonder these motors are so heavy. I like allot of oil though. I hate these new 1/2qt CA certified engines on outboards,push mowers,ect.

Comment

Our Katana's use a prodigious amount of oil for both lubrication and cooling.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Lots of oil and lube are always a good thing lol
                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                Current Bikes:
                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                X