No announcement yet.
X

First Motorcycle Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome and congrats on the bike. Sounds like you've got your head on straight which is a huge thing when it comes to mitigating the risks.

As for protective gear, Get a good helmet that you won't mind wearing for several hours at a crack (I love my Shoei but right now I'd recommend one of the Scorpions. Even the low-end EXO-400 is a pretty good helmet.) , some good quality riding gloves and at least a mesh jacket. Jeans and either boots or sturdy high-tops will do you just fine around town and practicing in a parking lot. That'll get you started and then you can get overpants later through a mail order place. Sale season is just around the corner, you know.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I got all my gear on Sunday and got to ride around in the parking lot a little. My buddy was nice enough to ride the bike from my garage to the lot so I could practice. I threw on all my gear, hopped on the bike and was able to make it to the other side of the parking lot before it started pouring.

We waited it out in my car and although I was a little scared, I jumped back on and rode around a little once it stopped raining. We are going to try again this evening. Nothing like buying a bike on Saturday and it rains for 3 days.

I signed up for this weeks MSF course, so I should have my license on Sunday provided everything goes well. My friend told me to take it ASAP so I don't develop any bad habits.

Here is the gear I bought.

As for the bike, I have to say I'm in love.

It seems to fit me really well and I like the fact that I can sit relatively upright. I rode for about an hour and a half and didn't get sore. It was however really freakin' hot and humid yesterday. But when I was moving I forgot all about the heat and was having a blast.

Here she is. Gorgeous piece of machinery if you ask me.

Comment

Congrats. Welcome to the world of motorcycles.

Comment

Working...
        X