X

93 gsx600f find

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 gsx600f find

Here is my new 93 katana. I got it for $500 with only 12,000 miles. It could use some new tires, break pads eventually,new fork seals,and a fresh paint job but it's otherwise it's in decent condition. It' should make a nice paint project. The fairings are all there with only a a little rash and a few small cracks I can air weld up. It' also has a vance & hines 4into1 exhaust.

LOVE that windscreen art
    Not a bad starting point though, good luck with it
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

The guys name was billy . It's a shame they painted the perfect purple seat. It's defiantly a good start or parts bike.

Does anyone make gas cap assemblies? I prolly need a whole tank too. I could have got the dent out and painted it but someone put that white sealer stuff in it and I don't think they prepped it first as its pealing and probly rusty under neath it. I could get the por15 kit with stripper but thats half the price of a new tank. The gas gauge sending unit is bad also.
      Last edited by adam731432; 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Por15 the tank. All the used tanks i've seen have some rust in them so it'll have to be done to them too. Check ebay or on here for gas cap.

By mid south you wouldn't be tallkin Tennessee would you?
        Last edited by phantasm; 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

West Memphis AR tri-state area,yes.

I wouldn't mind treating a good condition tank. You can get a jug of phosphoric acid or water based stuff cheap to remove rust but the whole kit with the stripper to remove the old Kreem sealer, and reseal cost $50. Then I have to pop the dent and paint it. If i could find a black tank with good paint,no dent,gas cap,and good fuel sending unit for 100-150 I would jump on it and restore this old tank for a back up or another project.

Comment

Jackson tn area here. Check ebay for the tank. Saw some with no dents in that rangw
            When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Congrats on the bike! Like was said earlier, looks like a good project, keep us updated on your progress.
              Tony
              1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Some of its rough but the engine compartment is pretty clean.

Comment

Washed her up a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X