Hi, New Kat rider from the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, New Kat rider from the UK

Hi Peeps,

I have had a lot of bikes over the years been passed my test for 12 years so not really a new rider, Started out when I passed my test with a Honda Hornet 600 after a year stepped up to a 96 Fireblade which was quick but never really comfy. Being 6ft 5in tall I always seemed a bit scrunched up on sports bikes so went completely the other way and went out and bought a Harley Fat Boy custom which I loved but due to family, Babies, Mortgage etc.. had to sell it and have been bikeless for around 3 years .

A friend mentioned he had an old bike in the back of the garage that I could have if I got it running said he hadn't run it for years so I went to take a look, yea you guessed it I was greeted by quite a sorry looking 1990 Kat (or a GSX600F Slingshot as it seems to be called over here) the minute I threw my leg over it I knew it was for me so managed to get her home.

So back brake seized solid, flat battery, exhaust rotted completely off, screen smashed, so I set to work.

Stripped brake down and unseized even managed to save the seals, works lovely now.
    New exhaust can off a well known auction site, looks and sounds lovely.
    Could not find a screen for love nor money so I glued it back together and rubbed it down and sprayed black looks ok (Just won a screen on Ebay for £10 so will be changed when it arrives
    Plugged rear tyre as it was punctured.
    Put optimiser on the battery after a few days it was as strong as an ox (surprised me too).
    Drained petrol from carbs and tank and replaced with new stuff and it fired up almost immediately and purred like a baby omg!!! :-0
    Took for MOT test and passed with no work needed yay.

And after riding this around for a week I can really see where your love for Kat's really comes from as I love it.

This is after a clean

Last edited by DaVvo; 07-27-2011, 03:56 AM.

Welcome to KR! the Kat cleaned up very well.

Steve can you move this thread to the intro section.thanks
    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to the forum. very nice looking bike.

Comment

Great looking bike, nice find.
        ...I dream of things that never were, and I ask why not.

Comment

Welcome from Puerto Rico!!!!Good looking bike

Comment

Working...
          X