X

1994 RPM's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 RPM's

I have noticed that when cruising at about 60MPH, in 6th it sits at about 5.5k RPM(when tucked) I am about 250lbs. Is that about normal/average? Just seemed a bit high...then on the other hand I am a noob so what do I know! lol

600 or 750?

Source gearingcommander.com
    Pre 600 @ 60mph in 6th gear = ~4849RPM in ideal conditions
    Pre 750 @ 60mph in 6th gear = ~4605RPM in ideal conditions
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

94 Kat 750

Based upon those numbers, It is sitting about 1k high. Any idea what would cause that to happen?
      Last edited by talmajar; 06-26-2011, 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Your bike probably has over/under sized sprockets on it. Count the teeth on them and see. 1k higher than stock idle in the 60 mph range won't hurt anything though.

Not positive, but I believe stock is 15/45 but someone will come alonvg and correct me if i'm wrong.
        Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

I am thinking about the MPG side of things If fuel wasn't 3.xx - 4.xx /gallon I wouldn't care so much! Also, always use Premium, or so I have been told correct?(that's all that has been used in the past in this bike)

Comment

The kat engines don't have high enough compression to need 93 octane, but that is a personal choice. Most will tell you that 87 is fine, but there are a few who will say the higher the better. I belong go the first group. If your kat runs good on 87, use it, if not then try mid grade or high. Whatever you feel comfortable with is what you should use.
            Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

I was told avoid Ethanol. Nebraska has bad habits of having ethanol in all their fuel, something to do with if it is less then 10% they don't have to post it. Premium is the only one without here for the most part.

Comment

60mph - 5.5k -sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by talmajar View Post
                  I was told avoid Ethanol. Nebraska has bad habits of having ethanol in all their fuel, something to do with if it is less then 10% they don't have to post it. Premium is the only one without here for the most part.
                  You might want to verify that through a good source. Here, everything has ethanol, especially premium, since ethanol is effectively an octane booster. My kat had no problems running 10% ethanol, regular gas for the close to 40k miles I put on her.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Yup, regular 87 octane, with 10% ethanol. Mine runs just fine, purrs like a kitten.

Next note, my post Kat is about 4600 RPM at 60 MPH....yours sounds a bit high. I bet a PO changed the gearing a bit to give it some more power.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                      Next note, my post Kat is about 4600 RPM at 60 MPH....yours sounds a bit high. I bet a PO changed the gearing a bit to give it some more power.
                      I don't know anything about the 98+ kats, but his number for the pre750 is pretty much bang-on!

Remember: The stock speedo is off by at least 10%.

60 MPH =~ 96 km/h.

At 100km/h (true speed as measured by GPS, not speedo reading), my pre 750 is just above the 5500 rpm mark.
                      So yes, 60 MPH (true speed, remember) will be pretty much right at that 5500 rpm.

For reference: Mine is a '94 750 with the stock 15/47 gear ratio.
                      Last edited by MrBrant; 06-27-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I don't trust my speedo, turned on my GPS, @ 60 on Spedo i was doing 50....at 110 on speedo i was doing 119, That speedo is borked. Just gotta flow with traffic and hope for the best till i find something I can mount for a perm gps spedo,

Comment

if you don't trust the speedo, use the gps to mark the mph on the tach.
                          6th gear=rpm=mph. just as a reference till you get a permanent fix.
                          "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                          1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                          2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

The speedo may be wrong, but it is consistently wrong.

Use the GPS to find out what the speedo reads while you're doing different speeds (45, 55, 65, etc.). Then, concentrate on just holding those numbers. Within a few days the speedo stops being a speedo, and just becomes a set of numbers that your target at different speed limits.

Comment

I say just get something along these lines and be done with it:

Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet
                              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                              X