X

How to take a dent out of a tank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take a dent out of a tank?

Hey guys, I'm new here so slap me around for asking if you will, but...

I'm not really sure what I should be searching in the search tool for the forum or where to search for how to take a dent out of my gas tank...

I've pretty much got a thumb print in my gas tank... Don't know what it's from or how it got there, but it's definitely from the P.O. (got the bike a week ago).

The bike has a bit of road rash on the left side, but how the heck would the tank be affected from this? All of the road rash is on the fairing, the "Suzuki" plastic cover for the engine below the left fairing, and there is a bit on the left turn signal.

The dent in the tank is directly below the gas cap, and like I said... it looks like a thumb print!

Any help? Wanna get this fixed as soon as possible, if not, sooner!
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Try www.dentwizard.com, they might be able to work it out from the gas filler hole.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
      Try www.dentwizard.com, they might be able to work it out from the gas filler hole.
      Thanks, but I live in Canada, so that won't help me much unless I want to ride all the way down just to get it fixed.

Just doesn't seem logical... Although I would enjoy the ride!
      - Aaron

Comment

well there is Prairie Dent Repair 705 29th St W, Saskatoon, SK S7L 0M9
        306-222-3368. I have a similar problem but it takes out of my gas money to fix little stuff so I just ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_92_600 View Post
          well there is Prairie Dent Repair 705 29th St W, Saskatoon, SK S7L 0M9
          306-222-3368. I have a similar problem but it takes out of my gas money to fix little stuff so I just ride it.
          Thanks Jeff, I'll look into this when I'm in Saskatoon. Hopefully things can get done for fairly cheap, otherwise I'll just take your approach haha.

License and insurance are enough to make me want to go back to my 08 Honda CBR 125 R... 400/year to license, 131 for insurance. Not bad compared to the prices I'm paying for my Kat.
          - Aaron

Comment

Working...
          X