X

Wierd symptom at high speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f3tz3r View Post
    Trying to upload pics, but i have it open and i'm looking at it, the only markings on it are black "A4O7" on the top.

Other than that its just a white air filter.
    sounds stock.

while yer in there, replace the vac line on the tank to carb 4, and TEST the petcock ... keeping the petcock to RUN suck on the petcock vac tube like a soda straw to see if fuel flows. if it does but trickles to a stop and you nhave to apply more vacuum, you may have a holed vac line, or holed diaphragm.

also, check the tank venting, if your tank is staying sealed, it gets a vacuum lock preventing fuel from going to the carbs also.

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
      sounds stock.

while yer in there, replace the vac line on the tank to carb 4, and TEST the petcock ... keeping the petcock to RUN suck on the petcock vac tube like a soda straw to see if fuel flows. if it does but trickles to a stop and you nhave to apply more vacuum, you may have a holed vac line, or holed diaphragm.

also, check the tank venting, if your tank is staying sealed, it gets a vacuum lock preventing fuel from going to the carbs also.
      I had to put it back together before your last reply, so i will do that this weekend.

Its my commuter to work. My wife has to have her vehicle to work so i have no other option. I will take it back apart Friday evening to test this and will reply here.

Thanks for help.

Comment

I'll also have to check mine on the weekend. Just got my bike, so I don't know much about it right now...

So just to confirm, when and if I do take the line off the petcock, and the fuel is in the "ON" position, NO fuel SHOULD leak out?
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
          I'll also have to check mine on the weekend. Just got my bike, so I don't know much about it right now...

So just to confirm, when and if I do take the line off the petcock, and the fuel is in the "ON" position, NO fuel SHOULD leak out?

Correct. You may have a drop or two at the start if the fuel line is full, but after that nothing should be flowing.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Correct. You may have a drop or two at the start if the fuel line is full, but after that nothing should be flowing.

Krey
            Awesome, thanks dude!

I'll be sure to check out my air filter! It's key on these bikes aparently
            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
            - Aaron

Comment

Working...
            X