X

New Rider......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider......

So I passed my safety course last summer.....finally picked up a bike 3 weeks ago....went into shop....got back last Thursday........................................ and went out on public roads for the first time in my life with fellow KR Scout. I had my problems of stopping (using all clutch), riding behind him directly, starting turns to late, etc (I'm sure he will join in on this, haha). Went out again yesterday for close to 6 hours, did some engine breaking runs in the mall parking lot, some quick upshifts, and stop and go's. And in the end I have to say...

I'm hooked, why the HELL did it take me 38 years to get a motorcycle license!!!!!!!
    Last edited by str8poolbanger; 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Welcome to KR!
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome. When I started riding, I decided I was going to own a motorcycle the rest of my life. I got hit by a car, and got back on my bike before my arms and legs scabbed over. Wear your gear, watch out for idiots, and don't ride like an idiot. It's everyone else you need to worry about. Have fun, be safe!
      "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
      "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

Welcome
        Tejasandre

Comment

Almost forgot, in those two days, I managed to get my cherry popped by getting caught in the rain on the way home last night! LOL
          Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Welcome to life on two wheels
            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

I go to the MSF this weekend but, to be honest, I've been riding all over my neighborhood streets for the past week that I've owned the bike. Just reading a lot of how-to-ride stuff online, how to manage traffic, and watching 13mordeth's video's as inspiration lol. The first time I rode my bike around and realized I didn't want to get off of it... I knew I was hooked!
              1476) p00f will randomly punch whatever is close at hand if he hears a certain word. This word changes on a daily basis, and he is unaware of the word beforehand. Many days can pass when this has no negative impact on his day, however some days he just needs to call out sick to prevent common words from turning him into some sort of punching maniac. It is rumored that his punches can shatter stone, but these rumors were of his own creation.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome! Be safe and have fun!
                  sigpic
                  Currant Toys...
                  '02 Suzuki GSX750F
                  '74 Yamaha MX360
                  '69 Camaro

Comment

And turn off your 'effing phone when we ride. All that badgering is a total hinderence.
                    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Whatever dood, I check it just like you do....when we STOP.
                      Originally posted by Scout View Post
                      And turn off your 'effing phone when we ride. All that badgering is a total hinderence.

Comment

Working...
                      X