X

Couple questions (Rebuilt Carb)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple questions (Rebuilt Carb)

Its been a while... last time I was here is when Trackerrr was still here a couple months ago.

Anyways, finally had time to work on the bike but I have a couple of problems.

1. Carb Sync
    Is there any youtube videos or really in depth text that shows how to sync. I got the tool obviously abd I know where the three adjustment screws are just a little confused... Also it seems as though the blue stuff in the sync tool got sucked up, is there anyway to refill it?

2. Bad idle...
    With the choke off the bike will not stay on, and the idle adjustment screw doesnt seem to be working at all... any pointers? I only took the carbs off, rebuilt them, and put them back on. I got the 3 main hoses to the peacock and the other tubes on the gas tank are just breather things I heard...

Bad idle means the carbs are still dirty.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Bad idle means the carbs are still dirty.
      Interesting, they r completely spotless... so I seriously doubt that is the problem...

What about the reasoning that the bike won't stay on unless choke is on?

Comment

Originally posted by mog View Post
        Interesting, they r completely spotless... so I seriously doubt that is the problem...

What about the reasoning that the bike won't stay on unless choke is on?

This would be why they are not clean.

The "choke" is not a choke, but a fuel enrichment system. Pull the lever, opens plungers at the top of the carbs that allows fuel to be sucked through a differnt circuit from the bottom of the bowls to the top and "richen" the mixture.

If you turn that off, the mixture isn't rich enough to run the bike... = pilot circuit is dirty/clogged, way improperly set on the a/f screws, or your missing some parts somewhere.

Another possibility is the fuel simply is not filling in the bowls (all 4 floats are way too low) not allowing fuel to run the bike but again.... the "choke" pulls from the bottom of the bowls so that would give it fuel.

Did you remove the a/f screws as part of the cleaning process? Was each carb body dipped in a carb dip, or did we spray carb cleaner and call it done?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the pilot jets need to be removed and cleaned... if you know a guitar player get some guitar string clipings... they make great jet cleaners and cost far less then the actual tool used to clean jets.
          Also while the jets are out the mixture screws need to be removed and all the passages need to be cleaned and blown through with compressed air. After they need to be fluid tested to make sure there are no blockages. A spray can of carb cleaner can be used but be sure to wear eye protection
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I think this is what your looking for on the carb sync

Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Well thx anyways, I sold it last night. It ended up being a high idle.

I bought the bike for 200, rebuilt the carbs and sold it for 850. Not bad I guess.

I wanted to keep it but my moms bf died on a bike and now my wife didnt want it after that of course.

Comment

Working...
              X