X

HELP! Front brakes are the worst!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Front brakes are the worst!!!

So i rebuilt my calipers... new brake lines installed... AND even a new master cylinder.... i keep bleeding and bleeding them and i have about 40% of the pressure that i should have.. any input would be very much appreciated! on a side note my back brakes are working great..

you need to bleed the master cyl.

pump it up hold the lever with pressure and then loosen the banjo bolt holding the brake line on the master cyl. do this several times, then bleed the caliper as normal. Be sure to catch any brake fluid that leaks and wash the bike right away to remove any brake fluid.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

i did that multiple times already haha... but i did read on line that other people were having the same problem and that the solution was to pump the brakes moderately slowly 3 times and then wrap a bungee cord around the brake holding it pulled back for over night. it supposedly gets all the tiny air bubbles out. Ill post how it does tomorrow... Thanks for replying tho

Comment

Another trick is to reverse-bleed them. Basically, use a big syringe to suck out most of the fluid in the reservoir (so you don't overflow it) then use the syringe with some tubing to push fresh fluid up to the reservoir from the caliper bleeder. That way you're pushing the air the direction it wants to go. It's easier if you've got two syringes, one to push fluid and one to remove fluid from the reservoir as it fills up.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Or try a hand vac to suck out the fluid out the banjo while someone is pouring fluid in up top.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
          X