No announcement yet.
X

Any input is welcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you have against Delkevic? The part looks great and does it's job for 1/2 the price of NRC. Not all of us can afford to dump $130 on an engine cover. Even if it won't sustain being laid down I can replace it twice for the cost of one NRC. Just trying to help provide some more affordable choices. Yes, I would prefer to use the best. However, sometimes that is not a realistic option.
    Honestly though, have you had bad experiences with them or are you just blowing steam?

Comment

Nope, never used them. I, for one, actually believe you shouldn't buy cheap crap. I don't shop at Harbor Freight either. Except 50lbs boxes of 80 grit glass bead. I get like 100 lbs of that every few months. But that is supposed to break, and Harbor Freight does that well.

Comment

I just saw the choke lever on ebay but not sure the year. Just searched for katana choke and it was in there
        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Yeah, it's a pre 98 lever, I'm about 95% sure. You can buy just that lever. 98+ you need the whole switch. I just did a search for "Katana choke lever". There are 6 of them. Every one of them is a pre 98 lever. Here's the choke lever:
          06 Suzuki GSX600F Katana Left Bar Switch+Choke/Cable
          Last edited by arsenic; 05-13-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the input, advice, and links to other sites. your help is very appreciated

Comment

As mentioned earlier, any alumininum welder with a tig could fix that cover and smooth it out like new in a half hour or so. I would think you could get that fixed for $50, or less.
              My YouTube Videos
              My motorcyle map!

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                Nope, never used them. I, for one, actually believe you shouldn't buy cheap crap.
                i bought a spatula from the dollar store a few years ago and it held up better than the $20 one I got a few years back. just because its more expensive doesnt mean its better.

PERFECT EXAMPLE: You should be driving a Harley Davidson then. They are more expensive. (We all know they are no where near as well made as foreign bikes!!!) so more expensive doesnt always mean better
                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                Current Bikes:
                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I happen to like Harbor Freight!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...