X

Need paint suggestions!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need paint suggestions!!!

I just want to know what you guys think is a good place to buy paint for my bike. I dont need anything super special or expencive...just some nice yellow paint for the Kat. thanks!
    2006 Katana 600

Most auto stores like NAPA carry auto paint brands.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

truthfully the bike looks good as is.
      : If you can't control yourself, you can't control your bike.

Comment

NAPA was very kind to my wallet. But i went in there a couple weeks ago and they changed out their paint lines. I was not too happy with the $40.00 quart of clear hardener they sold me. It did the job, dont get me wrong, but it was $40.00 and back in 2009, the hardener they sold me was $25.00. Just go in there knowing what you want...they originally sold me some weird primer that peeled when sanded....i think it was also a sealer...not what i wanted.

Side note: if the other side of your bike looks the same...leave it as is. No need to go messing with a good thing.

Get rid of that shovel those please!!!!
        "Are they built for comfort of built for speed?"

Comment

Originally posted by whrich13 View Post
          Side note: if the other side of your bike looks the same...leave it as is. No need to go messing with a good thing.

Get rid of that shovel those please!!!!
          HAHA yea thats the problem...the original owner tipped the bike over a couple times. So if you look closely at the picture you can see some scratches on that side, but the other side looks worse so thats why im repainting it. Oh and I almost forgot...I think he must have painted something next to it cuz there is white overspray on the back left as well. NAPA is actually where my cousin suggested I go too so off to NAPA I go. Ill put some pics up when the paint is done. And the shovel will be gone by the time the new paint is on

BTW I want to put some kind of wire mesh in the holes on the plastics. Any suggestions for that?
          Last edited by BabyBoosa; 05-10-2011, 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          2006 Katana 600

Comment

I thought about it, never ended up doing it. Search the forums, theres some write ups
            "Are they built for comfort of built for speed?"

Comment

Working...
            X