X

Fuel Shutoff Help, Sorry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Shutoff Help, Sorry

I have searched and searched but cannot find what I need. My Katana fuel shutoff is not labaled. Which was to Res/Pri/On. I am getting fuel leakage and wonder if my floats are stuck or if I let it sit all winter on the wrong setting. Thanks guys.

tada

Comment

9o'clock= resv. 6=on 3oclock=prime you want "on" at 6 o'clock for riding and storing.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Thanks guys! So if she is set to on, straight down and I am getting fuel run-off then my floats are stuck and it's time to burn the bike up and buy a brand new one, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Relheok View Post
          Thanks guys! So if she is set to on, straight down and I am getting fuel run-off then my floats are stuck and it's time to burn the bike up and buy a brand new one, right?
          If the floats are stuck wouldn't it be cheaper to repair/replace them than it would be to replace the whole bike? I personally don't know a thing about rebuilding carbs but with all the stickies on the subject here on KR I'm sure even I could figure out how to do it.
          '06 600 Katana
          http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
          Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
          Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

if you have flow in on pos. with engine off then the petcock is leaking.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by Relheok View Post
              I hear those 2011 GSXR 1000's are nice :P
              2006 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X