X

Accident in South Jersey, 2009 GSX, 2 Dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    And that's why you don't ride like an absolute jackass...
    It really doesn't sound like it was the riders fault.

Comment

Originally posted by manowar1313 View Post
      Note the words "high rate of speed" he probably came racing down the road and the truck didnt see him speeding toward him and he just went out in the road and bam!
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by manowar1313 View Post
        Huh????

Obviously the bike was **hauling a$$.** It's not often I'll say this but...totally the riders fault. SUV just got unlucky this time.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Surprised I'm the only one to say this but 2009 GSX?... R?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddy View Post
            Surprised I'm the only one to say this but 2009 GSX?... R?
            Nah, the new "Katana", GSX650F, unless of course they got it wrong and it was a GSXR.
            '98 GSX750F SOLD
            Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Comment

Just for reference...

When I was a new rider barely 4 mo. under my belt... I target fixated on a car that started to pull out into the road, didn't see the car ahead of me by about 100 yards stop for traffic to make a left hand turn.

By the time I realized it was time to hit the brakes, it was too late and I impacted the tail of a compact honda at 45mph.

The bike stopped 10 feet away. The car was moved forward aproximately 2-3 feet. I flew up over the car (never touched it) and landed 15" in front of it in the grass, sitting up right. The driver barely felt the impact... in a small car!

Impact so bad it killed the driver and flipped the SUV (even a small one)!!! Seriously hauling..... as it was put.

You can NOT reasonably expect a driver of a vehicle to have the ability of knowing exactly what stupid speed your blasting down the road when they pull up and look left/right to cross traffic. Honestly, the left look was probably first, and at that point the bike was probably way off... look right and start to pull out *BLAM*... the bike was traveling way faster than normal and now everyone is in a world of hurt.

There are tracks for this guys...

jus sayn.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

We lost a pilot like that a few years ago in Little Rock. Brand new R1, PD estimated speed of impact was 120 mph. Minivan pulled out in front of him and he hit just behind the driver. The minivan was not spun or flipped but the bike caved in the side door of the van. 120 mph on an R1 didn't throw the van. That's why I said the guy on the "GSX" must have been flying.

Take whatever moral you want from the story (I agree with Kreylin on this one) but know that this guy was going a whole lot faster than legal speeds. He was going a whole lot faster than I would even consider going on any public road in this area.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have to agree that this one had to be the riders fault. Forget the fact that yes a Jimmy is about the smallest SUV out there. The fact is that he knocked it on it's side. A bike that only weighs a fraction of what this larger vehicle weighs knocked it on it's side. I really hate people that ride like that. It's the idiot squids like them that give all of us a bad name. When I first got my bike I did ride way to fast, but it's really not worth it. You get one chance in this life, why throw it away for a couple seconds of thrill when you can go to a controlled track and do it all day long.
                  2000 Katana 600

Comment

I wonder how fast he was going....
                    2006 Katana 600

Comment

a young kid was running from police because he had a suspended license and the likes on his gsxr and he smashed into a car... he was killed and so was the driver of the car. both passengers were ejected from the car...

Comment

UPDATE: Apparently the passenger died from this accident as well while pregnant. That brings the count to 4 dead. Also found out that the kid pulled onto the road and popped a wheelie which is why the truck didn't see a headlight and brought the wheelie down right as he hit the SUV, doing about 120MPH.

Side note....Saw an R1 completely mangled on my way home tonight on the same road less than 1/2 mile away from the other fatal accident. No idea if anyone is dead from this one yet.
                        '98 GSX750F SOLD
                        Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Comment

The lesson I take from these kind of reports: Bottom line is YOU are resposible for YOUR own safety. Just tragic for no reason...
                          Wherever you turn, wherever you go, if you get it wrong the least you can know: there's miles and miles to put it back together.
                          G. Tipton, R. Halford, K. Downing

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X