X

cant figure out this problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant figure out this problem?

well i just got done fixing my vac leak and now its idling really weird. like its idling at 1200 while sitting there and when i give it a quick snap it idles up to like 3k and then comes down very slowing and stops at 2k. and i have to adjust the idle screw to have it come back down but when i do that it feels like it wants to die. im thinking i might need my carbs synced? i have a video of it as soon as i figure out how to post it on here.

Either you still have a leak or your idle circuit is too lean.

What are your a/f mix screws set at?

Mods?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i just fixed the vac leak and tested it and its fine. and i have no i have no idea what the a/f mix screws are at and i didnt touch the carbs on it. and i have no mods just a stock 97 750 kat

how do you post a video on here and ill show you want im talking about
      Last edited by Chimpin07; 04-26-2011, 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Stock setting on the A/F screws is 1.75 and that's too lean. Try backing the screws out to 2.5.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

here is the link to my video of my bike. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZfSOs8eYE"]YouTube - Problem with my 1997 katana 750[/ame] let me know what you guys think.

Comment

Still have a vac leak somewhere.
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Spray some starter fluid around and see if it picks up idle.. Sounds vacuum leak-like
              -2000 "750"

Comment

alright thanks guys ill check it tomorrow.

Comment

you have to adjust the idle when HOT after say a ten minute ride.

you cant adjust an idle on a cold engine. if you do it will be way too high of an idle speed.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Well still couldn't find where it was got Soo fed up an frustrated I took to the shop and they said #2 cylinder isn't firing. So hopefully it's fixed soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X