X

Helmet mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet mount

ok so im new to the bike riding scene period. i just purchased an 02 750 from a friend of mine. was wonderin how do i use the helmet mount(located on left side). i dnt like putting on my helmet everytime i ride. but id like to always have it with me. anyways any advise would be appreciated. THANKS

the best place to put it any time you ride is on your head. ATGATT

Comment

the 2 helmet "locks" on the bike are not made to store or carry the helmet while the bike is in motion, only to keep the helmet secure from theft when parked.

you'll have to get a cargo net, or better, put the helmet on your head.

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
        the best place to put it any time you ride is on your head. ATGATT
        Ahhh he'll have time to put it in in case of a crash...

Comment

Dumb question....where is the 2nd lock. I know about the one on the left side under the seat? Where is the second lock?
          sigpic
          98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
          Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Lift the seat the hook is under there on the side .
            The loop for your chin strap ,hook it and lock the seat into position pinching the strap in place .

On with your lives people nothing to see here .......
            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by deviate512 View Post
              ok so im new to the bike riding scene period. i just purchased an 02 750 from a friend of mine. was wonderin how do i use the helmet mount(located on left side). i dnt like putting on my helmet everytime i ride. but id like to always have it with me. anyways any advise would be appreciated. THANKS
              In answer to your question, you hang the brain bucket on the hook, by the metal "D" rings, on the chin strap. The helmet will hang with the shield facing rear. But, be advised: Your heel will knock against the helmet. Sucks, but it's just a fact.

Nevermind these old fuddy-duddys...I wear my skid lid sparingly, as well. And, I believe I'm the only person on this forum that doesn't chastise for not wearing a helmet.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Scout, it's OK. You can wear your helmet. You're not in the Marines anymore. You don't need a wrench to take it off. (That is why Marines' hats are shaped that way, isn't it?)
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hmmm...Do pre's have these?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                    Scout, it's OK. You can wear your helmet. You're not in the Marines anymore. You don't need a wrench to take it off. (That is why Marines' hats are shaped that way, isn't it?)
                    Ha!! A Marine joke I -haven't- heard before!! Well played, sir. Well played, indeed.
                    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Thanks for info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by vonrapier View Post
                        Dumb question....where is the 2nd lock. I know about the one on the left side under the seat? Where is the second lock?
                        right above the left passenger peg on my 2001

Comment

I need to install a second one for when my bike is parked, so my girl and mine can be on the bike
                          Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

When im just going to the gas station, i dont wear my helmet. My helmet is always on my bike tho. i hang it using the under seat lock. i hang it so the shield faces the front of the bike. the bike is still very drivable with the helemt hanging if u dont mind hitting your helmet with the heel of your foot. u dont need to move your foot often anyway. its ur shifting foot

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                            right above the left passenger peg on my 2001

Tsk tsk... look at those chicken strips jay. lol haha jk
                            Last edited by STULER; 04-19-2011, 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                            Current Bikes:
                            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                              When im just going to the gas station, i dont wear my helmet. My helmet is always on my bike tho. i hang it using the under seat lock. i hang it so the shield faces the front of the bike. the bike is still very drivable with the helemt hanging if u dont mind hitting your helmet with the heel of your foot. u dont need to move your foot often anyway. its ur shifting foot

Tsk tsk... look at those chicken strips jay. lol haha jk

thats a brand new tire...just look at the tread, got it 2 days before I took the pic of the GSXF chainguard I had just gotten from Mike Reed.

breakin takes a few rain free days thats 2 tires ago anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X