X

93 kat 600 Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 kat 600 Questions

I picked up the bike last saturday and was able to get it going cleaning the petcock and putting in a new set of plugs. I took it around the block and besides the clutch cable needing adjustment and electrical gremlin it runs good.

How accurate is the electrical diagrams in the manual available on here? There are a lot of stray wires floating around and I want to get rid of, plus the dash when I went to honk the horn just stopped working.

The kickstand I don't think is right for the bike because it hits the lower part of the stock exhaust and has to be pulled out then up to engage the safety switch. The bike is missing its center stand, does the center stand mount down there? Because it might be missing the spacing provided by the centerstand being mounted there to clear the exhaust.

I can tell this bike was made out of a couple parts bikes and it does run well it just is a diamond in the rough.

My side stand also hits my exhaust when I put it up and down. As long as its engaging the switch I think its how its supposed to be. As far as the dash I would check fuses and look for a short. I use a haines manual and clymer, not too sure about the manuals on here I never used them.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
      The kickstand I don't think is right for the bike because it hits the lower part of the stock exhaust and has to be pulled out then up to engage the safety switch. The bike is missing its center stand, does the center stand mount down there? Because it might be missing the spacing provided by the centerstand being mounted there to clear the exhaust.
      600s generally didn't come with center stands; I think it was a factory option. I bought one from someone to install and it fits up fine.. all the mounting points are there (even for the springs). I haven't actually used it yet, though, cause the springs I got with it are worn out.

I don't know about the sidestand sorry; my bike doesn't have stock exhaust.

Comment

Working...
      X