X

Stupid Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Me

Well, I somehow dropped my bike this morning in my driveway. I was warming her up on the side stand and got off the bike to close my garage door. All of a sudden BAM! I ran over and picked it back up. The left mirror broke and it put a small crack in the left engine cover. I'm hoping JB Weld can hold it together until I can find a new one. Speaking of finding a new one, anyone got one? I'm not to worried about the mirror, ebay can fix that cheap. As for the cover, the only thing I'm finding are the NRC covers and I don't see the need to spend that kind of money on a cover ($130!!! WTF?).

2000 Katana 600

Happens to the best of us... Well, not me, but my wife did drop my bike causing me to have similiar damage. Best of luck to you, sorry I can't help you out with the engine cover, my limited supply of parts are for the pre-97's. Let me know if you're ever out my way (about an hour and half West on I-70). I can show you some pretty cool roads for carving up some hillsides. There just may be a dog and an old man I will have to warn you about...
    Last edited by JAKa55; 04-08-2011, 06:57 PM. Reason: I have a bad habit of spell checking AFTER I post.

Comment

Delkevic

I got mine from delkevic. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the 600 bandit uses the same ones. It didn't come with a gasket though just as a heads up.

Comment

the NRC covers are well worth it
        Niagara Race Crafters have a company that makes them for them and they are VERY picky as to the quality.
        The NRC covers are about 5X thicker then the stock ones and will not break. They will withstand 100 mph+ crashes and thats why they are found on 50% of the racebikes running the amature and pro circuits these days.

If you want them but not so happy about the price call them and see if they have any seconds/rejects or flawed covers they wont re sell.
        Ask for Ryan TEL: (905) 468-0076
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I had no clue the NRC covers were made like that. On second thought maybe I will give them a call. Maybe they have some that the logo got messed up or something.

Oh and JaKa55, I read the thread on the old man and the dog. That sucks but at least you're ok. I was stationed at Ft. Riley for 6 years so I know my way around a little out there. I go back to visit every once in a while so I'll make sure to let you know when I head that way.
          2000 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by lanerw View Post
            I got mine from delkevic. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the 600 bandit uses the same ones. It didn't come with a gasket though just as a heads up.
            They didn't look the same to me in the pics on their site. I would love to have a set in chrome.

Comment

Talk to a local machine shop, my local one welded my cover back together for $25 and no leaks!
              '98 GSX750F SOLD
              Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Comment

you can easily weld your old one with welding rods from Harbor freight.
                but like I said NRC covers were designed to withstand the impacts of racing and keep oil off the tracks
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by PAIN View Post
                  They didn't look the same to me in the pics on their site. I would love to have a set in chrome.
                  looking at the OEM sheet on Cheapcycleparts.com, the starter gear cover for a 2000 katana 600 works with:

And a bunch of Kats. I hope we are talking about the same part here. Number 15 on this. Best of luck with whatever you decide

Comment

Ugh, that sucks!! I dropped mine in the garage last night but was very lucky to get away with only a few minor scuffs that will most likely buff out.

My 4 Wheeled Ride: 2013 Mazda 3
                    My 2 Wheeled Ride: 2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Zis Is KAOS! We Don't Shush Here!

Comment

Sorry to hear that i broke my mirror last year pulling my bike into the garage i used mighty putty and super glue and it holds just find it was a cheap fix instead of buying new and it was in 5 peices when broke

Comment

My glass spider webbed bad so unfortunately it's done.
                        2000 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                        X