X

Good Deal on this bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Deal on this bike?

Let me know your thoughts. He agreed to 2k. I have tons more pics from him, it's in mint condition, starts right up and runs SMOOTH, looks to be well taken care of.

Thanks for your help! My first bike...

David

yeah the bike looks like its in great shape. Its got 20k miles on it but thats not too bad. If you feel right about it,I would say go for it... good luck
    : If you can't control yourself, you can't control your bike.

Comment

Is the price fair? I guess I love the bike, but don't want to get ripped off. I tried pricing the mods like the yoshi full exhaust, doesn't seem like an inexpensive add-on, you know?

I appreciate your insight, you guys and this forum are awesome so far!

David

Comment

Duhh go for it, I paid 2k for mine ( 02 600 with 10,500 miles at time) but cuz buddy got married and needed cash asap, coulda gone for 3,500 in mint condition but he was a best friend... that bike looks like my deal except how many miles it should have had for price, maybe even more like 2500, but looks like a steal, and kats are stout and easy n cheap to maintain compared to some other sport n supersports

Comment

its an alright price is what it is.
          Vlad The Russian

Comment

It's a little high. I got mine which is a 2005 with 3500 miles and only for $3000 and a helmet

Comment

If it looks well maintained go for it.The mileage is more of an issue when you suspect the owner is broke/lazy (no maintenance) or abused the bike. By description it seems to have been well taken care of. One thing you should ask about is did he install a jet kit to compensate for the exhaust difference.

Comment

No! Don't do it! Too high. (How do I get in touch with the seller?)

Seriously, if you like the bike and it's all the things you say it is, if you want it, get it. It looks good to me. Five years ago I paid $1,000 for an '83 GSXES a guy wanted $1,200 for. I never regretted that. You might get him down to $1800 though. Nice bike from my point of view.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Last July a local dealer by me sold an 05 Kat 750 with 4000 on it for 2500.00. I would offer 1600 and go from there.

Comment

Yall are crazy, well atleast my bike has been so strong and healthy, sure I tune n sync the carbs regularly and oil / regular stuff but this motor has been bullet proof and I don't see why it wont last to 60k miles and beyond.. no doubt. If you take care of your bike proper and check the bike real well 2k bucks for a mint post is always a no brainer investment if love the bike and gonna keep it. I mean yah, you might be able to get him down 100 or 2 more but its peanuts if you ask me.

Although my pricing is referred to buying an 02 in 2008 or 09 mint with 10.5k miles coulda sold for 3,500 easy but still seems pretty comparable. At the end of the day though a given product in a given area with whatever circumstances is worth whatever the consumer is willing to pay in accordance to the perceived statistical and emotional value... whew lol.
                    Last edited by ImportRacer3; 03-31-2011, 01:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Looks like a pretty solid bike. Take it for a test spin if you can
                      Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

That is a good deal in WI. I check regularly and havens seen the 98+ any cheaper than that! Welcome.

Last edited by ismatts; 03-31-2011, 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Bling....

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the great response!!

@ismatts - Nice to meet you man, Madison is only 1.5 hours away, 1.75 maybe at most. We should ride sometime!

Meeting Sunday for the bike, will test drive before I hand over the cash, but it seems legit.

Thanks again, loving this community so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Kauzlaric View Post
                            Awesome! Thanks for the great response!!

@ismatts - Nice to meet you man, Madison is only 1.5 hours away, 1.75 maybe at most. We should ride sometime!

Meeting Sunday for the bike, will test drive before I hand over the cash, but it seems legit.

Thanks again, loving this community so far!
                            We have quite a few riders int he Milwaukee area and we do a few rides a year, Once warm weather gets here I am sure we will start out strong. Welcome!
                            Bling....

Comment

Working...
                            X