No announcement yet.
X

Allstate says the katana is TOO FAST!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a local insurance agent, and every year I call them and tell them that my record is perfect and my rates are too high, and every year they get me lower rates, and usually with better coverage. Currently I have Progressive.

Try to look for a local agency, they will do the searching for you. Makes my life easy anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Fault View Post
      I wish there were some local places, but their isnt
      what do you mean no local places? I live in the middle of buttf*ck nowhere and there are tons of insurance companies and brokers in my area. there HAS to be some in Detroit.

Don't contact places like Progressive or Gieco directly. go to a local broker and let them search for you. they get lower rates working as an agent or broker, and often enough it is low enough that they can give you a lower rate than right direct from the big companies. Going through a broker is the best way to go, and the rates are more competitive.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Dude, get statefarm. They have local agents and gave me much lower rate than progressive. For a Kat, you should be around $100-$150/year for liability. That $237 sounds like liability from progressive. Some companies don't insure bikes. I paid about $140/year for the Kat. I'm in my 20's.

There are still people living in Detroit? Who knew?

Comment

State Farm

I'll repeat....go to a local agent.

I'm with State farm, and I pay $143 for full coverage.
          Progressive quoted me $73, but that was liability only.

Be carefull shopping around. Some insurance companies check your credit.
          And, the more inquries you have the more your score will take a dive.

Comment

I have progressive, $75/year for liability. I'm 21. Pretty good if you ask me.

Comment

State farm is the way to go. Im about to turn 25, and just got a HUGE drop in insurance...it wasn't that high to begin with.

And yes, ALL insurance agents LOVE to confuse that "F" with an "R" unless you correct them..multiple times.

Comment

forget the name, but to whomever said they had geico and didnt recieve a discount for the car being there because they use seperate policies you got hosed, i have geico for both my cars, my bike, and my house is through thier partner (travelers) and i recieved the discounts on my bike.

Comment

I got just liability on my '99 750 from progressive for $54 per year, and i'm 23.
                  -Giaco
                  '81 CM400C,
                  '99 GSXF 750

Comment

I know a lot of people on here are saying go with so and so, or dont go with so and so. Fact is, you have to get your hands dirty, go out and look for the best price. State Farm was gonna rape me on insurance. Geico was twice as bad. Progressive was the cheapest. After reading up on all these posts about smaller insurance brokers and stuff, I am definately gonna do my homework in the next couple weeks and see what I can get for rates. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO INSURANCE!
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I get the multi-vehicle discount through State Farm. I pay around $1200 per year for both my truck and my bike.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Come next year, once I already have a years worth of insurance, Ill try to redo it with another INS company. The two local places I went to quoted me through progressive, but wanted $150 more than just calling progressive wanted
                        Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Working...
                        X