Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Has anyone else looked at this tail light or have any pics of it on a bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else looked at this tail light or have any pics of it on a bike?

I was browsing eBay last night for Kat things and stumbled upon this tail light. I'd love to get it for my fender delete but I'd hate it if it looked like crap. Has anyone else tried this one before and have any pics of it?

Thanks.

i got it and love it. much brighter than stock tailight. took 15 mins to install. Had it over a year and its still working great. I get compliments on it all the time!

sigpic
    If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Oh wow, it does look pretty awesome. Well that settles it, time to buy. :P

Comment

That light does look good! Did I not just introduce myself to the forum and say I wanted to keep the bike looking stock?! The bug is biting!!!!
        Ok, so i'm from the UK, don't hold it against me! I love my 1999 GSX750F.

Comment

Originally posted by emomitch View Post
          That light does look good! Did I not just introduce myself to the forum and say I wanted to keep the bike looking stock?! The bug is biting!!!!
          welcome to KR and good luck with that keping your bike stock thing

Comment

MJD37, already i've realised that ther's just no chance of stock!!! Too many good looking bikes out there, might just pinch one or two ideas!
            Ok, so i'm from the UK, don't hold it against me! I love my 1999 GSX750F.

Comment

Get rid of the red rocket taillight...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Get rid of the red rocket taillight...
                LOL I actually just had a friend say it looked like a dog....genitalia?

Comment

I just did mine using Beachflyers electrical schematic .
                  Took me an hour to do the integrated tail light .I was taking my time and did the heat shrink tape and fuddled with it but well worth the installation.
                  Its in my prof now .Mines an 05 but cant be much diff
                  Besides ,screw it up and were here ......for a while till you pi$$ us off

Do it .That ones cheaper than mine was .Id buy it

good luck
                  I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

It looks pretty easy, what, 5, 6 wires? I can see it being common ground with switched 12v+ or just each piece has its own 12v + and -?

Comment

This tail light is really easy to install. I am not great with electrical stuff, but this was a matter of a few wires and if I remember right the directions cover everything you need. Mine blinks fast so be aware of that. If you don't like the fast blinkers you can buy a resistor to fix the problem. I liked the fast blink so I didn't change it. I have had it on the bike over a year.

Comment

well to each their own. My personal definition of "Ride Your Own Ride" goes beyond just standard group riding rules - I don't nag others about safety gear or fugly mods.

Now those integrated lights look ok... until you use them. I just don't think that turning half your brakelight orange really counts as a turn signal. Have you thought about putting additional led turn signals in the footpegs? Popular idea around here, search for more info.
                        The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

on this light the turn signals are actually triangles in orange and VERY noticeable. and there is still plenty of RED when braking and having the turn signal blinking.

I didnt use resistors either, i like the look of the fast blinking and think cagers notice it better too.

some of my friends with gxsrs and such have integrated LED tails too but their turn signals look like a huge mess when on and i cant tell which way they are going but this one is very easy to tell left and right.

and for the price you cant beat it. Most sell for around 100.00 or more

I just need some front clear turn signal covers now.....
                          sigpic
                          If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

beachflyer,

Have you ever had problems with cars behind you seeing it on really sunny days? I had a problem once I am not sure if the guy was just an idiot or if he couldn't see it.

Comment

Yea..I really don't like the idea of integrating them into something I really want people to look at before noticing I'm turning...I want them to see I'm slowing down first lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X