X

Finally got my Concours 14!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my Concours 14!

This is a big deal for me as it is my second brand new bike purchase (first one was an '85 Madura V4 1200 bought new in '88). I have been driving the same Katana 1100 since '99 (how many people here can claim to have been riding the same bike for 12 years?).
    I posted a rambling review in the bike review section, but I promise to continue to make use of the old kat, honest!

Originally posted by DClark View Post
    This is a big deal for me as it is my second brand new bike purchase (first one was an '85 Madura V4 1200 bought new in '88). I have been driving the same Katana 1100 since '99 (how many people here can claim to have been riding the same bike for 12 years?).
    I posted a rambling review in the bike review section, but I promise to continue to make use of the old kat, honest!
    Katanas are our common bond...... what bonds us whether we still own one or not . It's something we all share and hence a "family". Just my thoughts....and it's all good.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

No pics?!! Go to your room; you are grounded for the rest of your life!!! J/K! Congratulations! I'm sure we would really love to see some pics!
      sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Yeah get those pics up. Please tell me its that sexy electric blue...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Yeah get those pics up. Please tell me its that sexy electric blue...
          I got it in silver which actually look much better in person. it doesn't show scratches and swirls like blue. The other reason i didn't want blue is that it is the color of my state's highway patrol bikes and I didn't want cagers in front of me doing the speed limit thinking I was the fuzz.
          I have not taken any pics of it yet, this is the same bike:http://www.holydie.com/kawasaki-conc...esign-in-2011/

As for the katana 1100, I am thinking of keeping the stock seat on it and firming up the suspension on it, then soften up the suspension on the C14. C14 for comfy sport cruising and long trips, Katana 1100 for short trips and more spirited riding. At least that is how I imagine it, don't want the red kat to get jealous!

Comment

Grats man! Now you can sell me the Corbin off your 1100
            1990 GSXF 1100
            2011 KLR 650

Comment

'Bout damn time. Hope you're enjoying her as much as I am mine.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

grats
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I love my Concours 14 and so does the guy I buy my tires from. That said, here's a tip...twist the grip very gently, as sudden acceleration will peel the rubber clean off the carcass of that big 190 on the rear wheel. Let me know if (when) you will need to meet my tire guy!

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                    I love my Concours 14 and so does the guy I buy my tires from. That said, here's a tip...twist the grip very gently, as sudden acceleration will peel the rubber clean off the carcass of that big 190 on the rear wheel. Let me know if (when) you will need to meet my tire guy!
                    You aren't kidding. I decided to try something differen't this go round with the Angel ST, and the rear is done after less than 4k miles. Going back to the PR2, at least I can make 6500 on those. I had to become my own tire guy, In 9 months, I'm on my 5th set of tires (6th will be mounted in the next week or so,) and it didn't even get ridden much over the winter.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                    X