X

How to install: Ivans Jet Kit and FP Ignition Advancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install: Ivans Jet Kit and FP Ignition Advancer

Anyone have pics or can post the correct thread in here. I want to get my carbs done and the advancer put in b4 the weekend is over. Any help is greatly appreciated! I couldn't find it in the search box
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Easier than expected!!! Done!! Close thread please
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:

Comment

Difference?

I'm getting ready to install the Ivan's Carb Kit and advancer, on my 00 Kat. How much of a difference did it make? Thanks

Comment

havent fired it up yet. i broke a piston valve and am sending a m.o. to arsenic for a new one. other than my stupid error, it installed pretty easy. from what others have said on here it makes quite a difference.
        Current Bikes:

Comment

Thanks and goodluck on ur repair that sucks. I'm installing mine next week, with a 750cc header also, with my Scorpion slip-on. Should make a difference I hope for the money lol.

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
            i broke a piston valve
            A piston valve? You mean you smoked a valve? Did it get sucked into the head or what?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

No snottyface. The piston valve he's talking about is what you'd call a slide. The thing with the rubber diaphragm on top. Piston valve is just the technical name, he obviously got that of the parts fiche.

Originally posted by nkir6674 View Post
              Thanks and goodluck on ur repair that sucks. I'm installing mine next week, with a 750cc header also, with my Scorpion slip-on. Should make a difference I hope for the money lol.
              I hope you ground out the weld seems on that 750 header to realize the full air low potential.
              Last edited by arsenic; 03-21-2011, 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

chris, i pm'd u on facebook. m.o. sent
                Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  No snottyface. The piston valve he's talking about is what you'd call a slide. The thing with the rubber diaphragm on top. Piston valve is just the technical name, he obviously got that of the parts fiche.
                  Oh, I've never seen it called a piston valve anywhere before.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i still need an advancer...i have both a FP in bike bike and an Ivans in front of me for a buddies....they are WAYY different...i think based on instructions and setup i like FP...
                    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Ivan runs a REALLY rich idle mixture. Seems to be compensating...

Comment

I'm a genuine fan of Factory Pro over Ivan's as well. Ivan's is certainly good, but in my opinion, Factory Pro is better.

Comment

Working...
                        X