X

It is official...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is official...

I am a Kat owner. I just got a 02 kat 600 with 2250 miles for a heck of a deal that I could not pass up.

I have been in this deal for the last 2 weeks or so. Issue after issue with schedules and title issues with the BMV. But all is well now.

I just rolled it off the trailer and into the garage. I will have to get Pics later.

now to get it running from sitting so long.......

how many clams?
    "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

I picked it up for 1500.00.

Comment

not bad! 500$ or so of work and youll be all set!

where do you live in Indiana?
        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

North side of Indianapolis.

Comment

Not bad. Congratulations on your new baby! Are you passing out cigars?
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

congrats on the steal. Got mine for the same price years ago. Welcome to the proud group of fathers!
              Are we riding yet?

Comment

Congrats!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

welcome.
                  2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                  2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                  1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                  1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                  1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Thanks guys!

I got it running after a few years in storage. Fresh oil +filter and battery. I need to flush the tank and carbs, but it did run on 3 cylinders.

The bike was flooded. airbox had gas in it, oil had gas in it. The #1 cylinder was not firing so i swap plugs around and it was a bad plug. I should have bought plugs when I was at the dealer, but didn't think I would need them.

After I get it running on all 4, i will pull the carbs and get them cleaned up and Do a 2nd oil change to make sure the gas is out of the crank case.

I also had a stripped bolt on the gas tank, so I need to tap it. The drain bolt for the oil pan needs to be replaced as well. but it holds oil.

over all this is a sweet bike and I cant wait to get it on the road.

Comment

Congrats on the bike! I'm on the southside of Indy. We should meet up on the Circle sometime....do the squid thing. lol

If your looking for a fun, diverse riding group here it town, check out the Indy Motorcyclist Group. http://www.meetup.com/indymotorcyclist/ I usually do my own thing, but it's a fun group to hang out with. Last year we got to ride in the MotoGP kickoff downtown. We could use some more sportbikes in the group.
                      "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

Comment

SG6,

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

I plan to ride solo for some time to get comfortable with the bike.

I have some friends from Michigan that do ride to the GP and a co-worker down here that gets a campsite for the GP. So I'm sure I will be at the GP this year with the bike. That and I am like 8 miles from the track.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJW View Post
                          I am a Kat owner. I just got a 02 kat 600 with 2250 miles for a heck of a deal that I could not pass up.

I have been in this deal for the last 2 weeks or so. Issue after issue with schedules and title issues with the BMV. But all is well now.

I just rolled it off the trailer and into the garage. I will have to get Pics later.

now to get it running from sitting so long.......
                          Congratulations. I love the smell of a newly purchased Kat in the morning. Smells like...victory.
                          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJW View Post
                            SG6,

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

I plan to ride solo for some time to get comfortable with the bike.

I have some friends from Michigan that do ride to the GP and a co-worker down here that gets a campsite for the GP. So I'm sure I will be at the GP this year with the bike. That and I am like 8 miles from the track.

I'm about 8 miles south of the track. My home away from home. lol My dad restores classic cars and race cars for the IMS museum. Let me know if you're ever interested in a behind the scenes tour.
                            "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

Comment

SG6,

That would rock! Next time I'm down at the track i will let you know and we can meet up and putz around.

-IndyJw

Comment

Working...
                              X