X

Bike Inspections in Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Inspections in Texas

So, I have been riding my kat for 6 weeks or so now, and it is not inspected. I have had several cops behind me in town, and not been hasseled. I have yet to see another bike with a sticker. Anybody in Texas do or not do this???

Oh I would do it.. They have that added sticker under the plate..
    I think it's pretty basic, I wouldn't worry about passing/failing

Comment

Ya its $15 to get it inspected and takes 10 min to do....
      '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Do I go to any inspection palce? Or is it specific to motorcycles?

Comment

Here in NJ, they upped the registration fee last year from $37.00 to $67.00 , and did away with inspections and stickers - everyone is now responsible to inspect their own motorcycle for compliance, at an increased cost to register, no less.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Now this is way off topic, but I'm curious.
            Does yearly inspection rules differ between the states in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
              Now this is way off topic, but I'm curious.
              Does yearly inspection rules differ between the states in the US?
              Yes, Jimmie. Some states have no inspection at all. My state (Pennsylvania) is even more off kilter. Here, some counties have an additional inspection for emmissions (exhaust etc.) and some dont. it's wierd...
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by The_Incredible_Hulk View Post
                Ya any one should do, Just ask them if they have any motorcycle stickers. Some places never get them and won't to bikes. It took me 2 tries to find one. Just drove out of the neighborhood on the bike and started asking. I was back home in 30 min..
                '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Thanks guys, ill ty to get this done this week.

Comment

I found that going to the dealer was a waste of time. They do inspections but are overly anal and tend to make you wait. I've had one place tell me they wish they could stop doing them since it ties up their mechanics. (can't blame them for that)

I would hit the kwik kar and every time they just had me pull around back, stab the breaks, done.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Incredible_Hulk View Post

Got the pickup inspected last week and asked about getting the Kat inspected while I was there. I was told that it costs $14.00 and it is only the safety part of the inspection. Should only take 10 minutes to get'r done.
                      Last edited by ChrisInTexas; 03-09-2011, 09:07 PM.
                      "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Working...
                      X