X

Riding the slow lane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding the slow lane

Well since being advised of my devilish ways by the states law enforcement I have now adopted a legal pace. I must say it is a real thrill . I especially like sitting in the blind spot of old ladies on cerapax and waiting for the retreads to come off the passing trucks.

Never mind, its all safer and for the common good, I am told. No more accelerating to a safe zone, heaven forbid, for the almightly is always watching, even if the police are not. I wonder, has he had training in speed detection equipment?

Oh, well, I am sure I will be a safer rider spending 50% of my time watching the speedometer.

Praise Oh Lord for the kindly constable who put me on the true path :bunny2.
    Last edited by scottyj; 03-09-2011, 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by scottyj View Post
    Well since being advised of my devilish ways by the states law enforcement I have now adopted a legal pace. I must say it is a real thrill . I especially like sitting in the blind spot of old ladies on cerapax and waiting for the retreads to come off the passing trucks.

Never mind, its all safer and for the common good, I am told. No more accelerating to a safe zone, heaven forbid, for the almightly is always watching, even if the police are not. I wonder, has he had training in speed detection equipment?

Oh, well, I am sure I will be a safer rider spending 50% of my time watching the speedometer.

Your really should stick to the track with 2 wheels...

jus sayn...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ScottyJ, I hear ya, I got a similar correction for spirited driving. I sold my Kat and bought a DRZ.
      I tried riding the kat slow and like you said spent all my time watching the speedo.
      On the Kat with full fairings, full gear, good tires and smooth roads there is no sensation of speed till about 90 mph, driving 60-70 mph feels like I was crawling.
      Plus the sound of my scorpion at/above 8,000 rpm was intoxicating.
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
        ScottyJ, I hear ya, I got a similar correction for spirited driving. I sold my Kat and bought a DRZ.
        I tried riding the kat slow and like you said spent all my time watching the speedo.
        On the Kat with full fairings, full gear, good tires and smooth roads there is no sensation of speed till about 90 mph, driving 60-70 mph feels like I was crawling.
        You could always keep it in 2nd gear to get the above 8K sound HAHAHAHA
        '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Two red-line shifts and I'm doing about 75 mph in 6 seconds then I have to slow down cause one more shift and it's no license again. I want to do that right now, damn snow.

But you (Rob845) know that having the b12 swap and all, you can probably lose your license in 2nd gear.
          Last edited by Blackdog; 03-09-2011, 03:05 PM.
          Blackdog
          DRz-400e plated
          Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

you can probably lose your license in 2nd gear.
            Many of us can.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyj View Post

I detect sarcasm! LOL
              THE DOC
              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
              mistake when you make it again.
              sigpic

Comment

Who looks at their speedo? Unless I'm on a totally empty road, there's really no need. Pay attention to the cars around you and match your speed. That's the safest speed to ride, anyway, plus you won't stand out to get pulled over because you won't be flying past everybody going 90mph.

Comment

sure to be a "nicer" thread then the last one, even though it was fun to read. Did you end up going to court for that one?
                  Are we riding yet?

Comment

You probably should have just posted this in your other thread before it was locked. I guess you didnt want to get flamed anymore than you did though. Whatever, speed limits are there for a reason and we all accept the fine if we exceed them. Atleast the kat rides nice nomatter how fast youre going.

Comment

After the severe reaming this kid got on the last closed thread, im surprised he had the balls to post something else. Pulling this kid over probably just saved several lives : hehhee
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

lol....just keep up and go with the flow..

unplug 2 cylinder spark plugs and drive...thatll slow you down!
                        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

naughty speeding

Not much more to say really. Waiting for some info on the effect of a conviction on my Govt Security Clearance before deciding on court. I am in law enforcement, of a different kind, so know they generally don't book till the boxes are ticked.

I like the kat and will stick with it, just need to keep watching speedo and staying away from risk that doesn't involve baiting cops.

Was recently told of a motorcycle cop that had been cleaned up permanently by an "Aunt Mavis" as he as doing the speed limit. "I just didn't see him". If he had been using his accelerator Mavis would have been in his rear view mirror, instead of sitting in a legal blind spot.

Still, don't want to stimulate the mad dogs who chewed my *** last time. They won't be around for long anyway....."I just didn't see him......but he was a law abiding fellow....."

Regarding the *** chewing. Don't matter. Still good site. Miss CP though. Fountain of wisdom that guy. Good legacy. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X