X

Advice on selling bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on selling bike

I've been toying with putting my bike on craiglist but was curious as to what I should ask for it. Its an 06 600 with about 7500k. It will probably need tires at the end of this year. It has heated grips, advancer, and yoshi pipe. It also has some small scratches on the top of the left side fairing from PO dropping it in the parking lot.

I paid 3850 when it had 2k on it about 2 yrs ago. How much is fair?

Also, what do you suggest about letting someone test drive the bike. It seems fair to let someone drive it before they spend 3k, but it also makes me nervous.

Uhh not sure on a price all depends oncondition and mileage and stuff it books at 3325 but that's like excellent conditionhttp://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail...ana-600/233831but let em test ride it I they have cash in hand.

Comment

I would say you would be able to get about 2500 for it, maybe a little more if you find the right buyer (someone is who is partial to katanas). Why are you selling? The testride this is a judgement call but cash in hand only is a good rule of thumb. If you are not comfortable with the buyer then let him watch you do a flybly. Once he hears it sing he should be satisfied
      Last edited by Katana 600 NJ; 03-06-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

$5000 then you can ride it till a buyer shows
        Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

I've been looking at older yamaha FZ1's or Honda VFR800's. both are hard to find, but I came accross an 03 FZ1 for about 3K. I like the katana, but it would be nice to have something with a little more torque that would run at lower rpms on the interstate and not buzz your hands off.

I rode my uncles BMW K1200S and was amazed that at 85mph it feels like you are barely moving b/c the engine is only running at about 3500rpms. Doesn't hurt that it has like 165hp either?!

Comment

Good taste with the FZ1 and VFR. Both amazing bikes.

Comment

if you're sketched out about him riding the bike, find collateral that you can keep if he jets off, such as his truck but make sure it at least looks like its worth more than the bike... also i heard that you don't have to give away the title right away. you can mail the title when the check goes through... i feel like i've read tips about selling bikes on here somewhere ???
              1998 Katana GSX750F
              “If you are not at least a little scared about riding your motorcycle every time you get on it, you should not be riding.”

Comment

Selling price would be between $2500 & $3000

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll probably ask slightly above 3K with the hopes of getting 3 out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobCarter View Post
                    I I like the katana, but it would be nice to have something with a little more torque that would run at lower rpms on the interstate and not buzz your hands off.
                    Get a Katana 1100- great low end, mid, excellent long distance runner.

Comment

i got my 99 750 with 881 miles for 2400$ last season in march. im in Central IL if that helps
                      03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                      04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                      08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                      10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                      05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Working...
                      X