X

750 to 600 Swingarm swap Bolt Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 to 600 Swingarm swap Bolt Question

O.K. so I bought a 600 katana PRE swing to put on my 750 PRE, everything is good accept the bolt size in smaller with the 600 Swing. The concern I have is since the hole in the frame in bigger what kinda of issue is this going to cause me? Slop in the rear or??? Mabye I can remove the bearings from the 750 and put in the to the 600? If so how do they come out? OD is the same and length is same on both swings..... Any help is greatly appreciated......

Thanks,

Eric B
    Last edited by EBritain; 03-04-2011, 09:13 PM. Reason: Words
    "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

The bearings themselves are the same. Take the bearing inserts, the trust washers, the rubber pivot caps and the bolt and nut from your 750, and install the 600 swingarm with that hardware.

Comment

Thanks man I will try that today...

Eric B

Comment

Just curious... is this an upgrade of some sort? Or is it a replacement part type of situaton?

I.E. What's the difference between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Calaviator View Post
          Just curious... is this an upgrade of some sort? Or is it a replacement part type of situaton?

I.E. What's the difference between the two?

The pre 600 arm is 1.5" shorter in total length than the pre 750. Otherwise, they are pretty much the same. Not nessasarily an upgrade per say... just depends on what your wanting.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by EBritain View Post
            O.K. so I bought a 600 katana PRE swing to put on my 750 PRE, everything is good accept the bolt size in smaller with the 600 Swing. The concern I have is since the hole in the frame in bigger what kinda of issue is this going to cause me? Slop in the rear or??? Mabye I can remove the bearings from the 750 and put in the to the 600? If so how do they come out? OD is the same and length is same on both swings..... Any help is greatly appreciated......

Thanks,

Eric B

and whats to come of the 750 swinger? is it in good shape? may want it pm the details plz
            J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Update

O.K I got the SwingArm on and the new shock off a 06 750 with only 800 miles. Thanks Arsenic for the pointers!!!

TheCheetorProject... I am gonna hold on to it for another project I wanna do.. Operation 180 size tire, or unless it rides like crap then I can change it back out.. LOL

I changed it out to get it a little shorter for quicker turn in for the corner..

Eric

Comment

that's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCheetorProject View Post
                  and whats to come of the 750 swinger? is it in good shape? may want it pm the details plz
                  I have a 750 swing arm in good shape..

Comment

Working...
                  X