X

1994 Katna 600 problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Katna 600 problem

So im having this problem i can start my bike up with it in neutral nd the light on but when i put it in gear nd the light goes away i lose all power to lights nd the motor shuts off.

Now the light will just stay on and it runs fine besides the neutral light just staying on,IS THERE A WIRING ISSUE OR WAT

Maybe a kick stand switch issue, that would be my first guess.

Comment

I have no sensor there, i lose all power even my led's that r ran to my fuse box

Comment

Yeah, your wiring's been butchered. Time to start chasing down wierdnesses.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Sounds like a fun problem...take all the leds off first, make it a bit simpler...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ive checked my wires theres not butchered about it its all together no one has hacked into it,f*** it ima jus drive it til i cant no more

Comment

Damn, thats one of those things that when it happens to me, i just want to push the problem on someone else..

When you figure out the problem please post up so the next guy might have some better luck. does sound like an electric issue though.
              1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oldskool View Post
                I have no sensor there, i lose all power even my led's that r ran to my fuse box

Yeah, I'm calling that clue #1...

Comment

I had the kickstand problem years ago..due to a loose spring on the kickstand...got a new spring and it fixed the power shutting off while riding...not fun at 95mph on the frwy and all of a sudden you lose power...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                  X